SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Axe Throwing - Much Fun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Axe Throwing - Much Fun Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted
Y'all ever try this?

There is a place in St. Pete called Axe & Ale. Two lanes of axe throwing fun. I took my son there this afternoon as a lark, didn't know anything about the activity. We got a good safety briefing and a few minutes of lessons, both two and one handed throwing.

I guess, it is like anything; a little bit of competition and sharp objects flying 12 feet it great fun.

My son beat me the first two rounds, but I took the third after I got my stride.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
So, do you have the ale before or after tossing the ax?

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Tried it in Columbia, SC. Tons of fun with the entire family.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
We have a similar place in ABQ. I need to try it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds awesome. I'd love to try something like that. Sadly my backyard is probably the closest I'd get.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
These places are popping up everywhere. Looks like a hoot. My better half and I need a date night.....

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Tried Urban Axes in Durham a few weeks ago.

Great fun.

RE: the question of ale before throwing or after.....let me suggest upgrading conjunctions from 'or' to 'and' and adding 'during' in there somewhere, too! Big Grin

They have attendants and if someone is tipsy they won't get into the throwing area.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Surrounded by
Fruit Loops
Picture of Baran
posted Hide Post
The local axe place around here, built one for the Boy Scout Camp. Us adults would be out frisbee golfing and stop at the axe throwing area each round. My axe throwing was horrible. My frisbee golf was in target.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Happy Valley, MA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Never been to an axe throwing establishment but I've been drinking beer and throwing axes in the back yard for years.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post