SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    12 Angry Men (1957 Version)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

12 Angry Men (1957 Version) Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
I first saw this as a play when I was in High School. The performance that we had to see included the scene where the juror jams the knife into the table, becoming immediately memorable as the knife broke sending one piece into the crowd, the tip in the table and the handle in his had, which he threw down in disgust. As he was a friend I asked if it was a trick knife and was told it just broke and he went with it, but scared he hell out of him.

I saw the movie a few years later and it immediately was in my top 5. The performance by Lee J Cobb is tremendous and powerful.

Anyone else a fan of the movie? This particular version?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
I saw it many years ago and was impressed by the acting. One of those movies where the actors really earned their pay, as there were no explosions, special effects, and what-not.

I need to find a copy and add it to my collection.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee J. Cobb was underrated as an actor, IMHO.
12 Angry Men.
Coogans Bluff.
Man of the West.
On the Waterfront.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite movies and one I enjoyed so much I bought both a copy. Between 12 Angry Men and Stalag 17 I could easily waiste a Sunday evening.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was 15 when the movie came out. I went to see it probably thinking it was a western. After about the first 5 minutes, I was thinking, "this isn't a western and I don't think these guys are going to venture beyond this room." I was pissed but within another 5 minutes, I was mesmerized and have been ever since every time I see it. Fantastic movie.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A classic. Most criminal defense attorneys I know are fascinated by jury dynamics and what goes on in the Jury Room. Some even seem obssessed. LOL

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A fantastic movie, and the 1997 version was also fantastic.

There’s a thread here about what movie you would remake, and who would be your cast. I immediately thought of this film, but I don’t have a cast yet. I’d tweak it a bit, as I think Octavia Spencer would be excellent. And Gary Oldman, because.... Gary Oldman. And maybe Richard Schiff.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12 Angry Men is currently available on Amazon Prime.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
A wildly underrated film. Easily my favorite B&W film.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I watched it in a college class 34 years ago and it made a powerful impression on me. My wife and I recently re-watched it and I found it just as intriguing as the first time. It's a movie that puts you right there in the jury room and makes you question your own preconceived notions.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post