SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Blindspot goes full liberal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blindspot goes full liberal Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
Blindspot is one of the shows I DVR and watch when I have time. It's not a great show. It never was a great show. But I watch because I started watching and now do it out of habit.

Well last Friday's episode started a new story line where the girlfriend (now fiancee) of the Asst Director of the FBI (Reid) turns out to be an illegal immigrant. She explains that her uncle got her family to the US on forged documents when she was a little girl. She didn't discover it until she was 16, and now she has a flourishing career as a journalist, and doesn't want to be deported to a country she never really knew.

The story line materialized out of thin air and had no reason to be there. It seems like NBC just got a memo from the DNC to add a sympathetic DREAMER character (do they even need a memo? They are probably more than happy to carry water without prompting).

It is insidious and odious how the networks use their platform to subtly normalize liberal positions. There are very few shows that are good enough to overcome this kind of nonsense. Blindspot is definitely not one of them. I am done watching.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChicagoSigMan,

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
It's NBC. It was only a matter of time.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
For us, it was good at first and slowly sank into oblivion. We lost track of it a few years ago.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Just like 911, cheating lesbian, MILF hunter and a drunk fire fighter

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
It's NBCComcast. It was only a matter of time.

FIFY - NBC Universal is owned by Combloatcast now.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Either way. Liberals are destroyers, and must destroy all the things.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
This is why we can't have anything nice. Like tv shows.

Gonna be fun to watch the Archie Bunker remake. Not.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Was wondering if it was just me getting tired of it or what?
This thread put the end to my interest in the series.

Thank you guys for the time I won't waste watching more episodes.

0-0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 0-0,

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It's not the first nor will it be the last.
I saw a recent episode of Law n Order SVU where the cops kept saying "B B B But we are a sanctuary city" as ICE hauled an illegal off to be deported. Smile

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Well, shoot. I just came across this on Hulu (trying to decide if I want to continue subscribing) and watched three episodes.

A Jason Bourne-ish plot with a couple of twists: The amnesiac super-hero is a woman with a body full of new tattoos. The tattoos are all clues to the weekly episodes.

OK, so it's pretty contrived. I kept thinking it was NBC, so at some point the suspension of disbelief would become so tedious that I couldn't help but discontinue watching.

Reading the horrible sub-plots to come, I guess getting out now is the best thing.

Hulu, I think you and I are done.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post