SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Downsized (2018)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Downsized (2018) Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
This Matt Damon movie is on Amazon Prime so I watched it. I wish I hadn’t wasted the two plus hours. I thought it was a comedy, then figured it would be a romantic comedy, but it turned out to be a climate change lecture.

Don’t bother.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I had a similar impression after seeing it. Went into it expecting a comedy, based on the trailer(s).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no excuse...I had heard it was bad but I watched it anyway....I had no idea it could be that bad

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
i've really liked all of Alexander Payne's work to date that i've seen;

Nebraska (2013)
Sideways (2004)
About Schmidt (2002)
Election (1999)
Citizen Ruth (1996)

just couldn't make the leap to seek this latest one out.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It would have been better with a different Asian lady or with a different delivery. Her lines and delivery were nearly unbearable.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
It would have been better with a different Asian lady or with a different delivery. Her lines and delivery were nearly unbearable.

But diversity.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post