SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lindsey Buckingham
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lindsey Buckingham Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
There's been a couple of Fleetwood Mac threads recently so I thought I'd add to it.

I've been learning Landslide lately and came across this video last night and though it was pretty neat. I think Buckingham is one the most underrated guitarists there is, and he shouldn't be. He's an amazing musician and by all accounts one hell of a nice guy. This one is on my list to learn at some point but I'm not ready for it yet.

Enjoy.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I agree. I've been to a couple of Fleetwood concerts and he and Stevie Nicks are awesome performers. The last time was a few of years ago and the tickets were in the $150 range and they were well worth the cost. I'd go again if they come to town again.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Lindsey Buckingham is one of my favorite guitarists, in my Top 5 (a hint: Clapton is not in my Top 5). I think he is an excellent electric guitarist, plays in an unusual way, and comes up with great solos. He can play slow ballads and then really tear it up with some searing noises. Helps that he is a great songwriter also.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Agree with all above. His work always fits into the song perfectly. Seamless and unpretentious, almost understated but essential to the song's power. I find him magical.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
He's awesome.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

With all due apologies, every time I see one of these rock musicians trying to finger pick, or the like, it reminds me that Jerry Douglas and Ricky Skaggs, among others, put them to shame in the technical picking genre. Buckingham is very smooth, and thus appreciated, though There's no doubt he is good, very good. Tommy Emmanuel is tops in this area.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's very good and underrated, no doubt. I'm always in awe of any guitarist that's the only guitar player in a band. There's a lot of pressure to be responsible for so much of a bands sound.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw them in Nashville March 2105. I was in the 3rd row in front of Lindsey's mic. That man is a freaking beast.

He never left the stage for the entire concert. Absolute musical genius.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Lindsey Buckingham is absolutely underrated.

Saw Fleetwood Mac in concert last year, when Christine McVie was back with them. They put on an awesome show.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
The last time was a few of years ago and the tickets were in the $150 range and they were well worth the cost.

Hard to believe it's been 41 years since the first time I saw them - 10/76. Cost me 2 sixpacks. My buddy had a couple of UConn student tickets and that's the price that he wanted to give me one. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Smile I used to own the Buckingham Nicks album, and also saw Fleetwood Mac on the Rumors tour in UM field house, 1976. Have owned every 'mac album.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Amazing song, amazing player and song writer! Saw them in 77 at MSG, I was 12 and in love with Stevie! Always lived this Rhiannon, Buckingham kills the solo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=py3w5fttedA

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any time I hear his name the song "Holiday Road" from the movie Vacation pops into my head.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big Love on The Dance CD blows me away! I love to watch that video. I learned a very dumbed down version of it and it's still challenging. He puts so much emotion into it!

https://soundcloud.com/mengr1980/tracks

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38642 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
When you go to try to play it, just note that's drop D tuning, Gustofer.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I had the best seats in the house when Fleetwood Mac brought the Rumours tour to the long-since imploded Capital Centre in Largo, MD.

As 17 year old I had a job doing security there. For the first show, I has just off the center floor at the far end of the floor seats. That was just high enough to see over the heads of the people on the floor. The crowd was awesome - chilled beyond believing on wine and grass.

The second show, however, was even better. I and another guard were stationed on the catwalks that ran under the ceiling to the platform where there were spotlights. Our assigned was to make sure only the lighting crew got up, then to follow them, locking the gate behind us.

We went out almost directly over the stage to watch the show. Where the yellow circle is in this picture (sorry, couldn't find a better one).

Getting back to the gate was a bit of a challenge. Secondhand smoke.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post