SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What sad/death scene in a movie is almost too realistic to watch?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What sad/death scene in a movie is almost too realistic to watch? Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Drive. The elevator scene, motel scene, diner scene.

American History X. The curb scene.

And although not a death scene, Jessica Alba's beating in The Killer Inside Me is brutal.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just about anything in "Saving Private Ryan."

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Two jump to mind. Connery's death in The Untouchables and the girl's suicide in The Rules of Attraction.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
the ending 'slow stabbing scene'. I have watched this only once, and skip over it when I watch the movie again.

THIS ONE. Sickens me. I've watched it twice and skip over as well.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The young man who's shot escaping with Josey Wales.

Posts: 28 | Registered: January 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Many already in this thread, so I'll add Mufasa's death on Lion King.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The one eyed, one legged Vietnamese villager who Bunny caved in his skill with his shotgun butt in Platoon. Pure madness and unchecked cruelty. Hard to watch. Monsterous.

The unsuccessful attempt by the USAF PJ trying to stem Jamie Smith's femoral leg wound in Blackhawk Down. Tragic in the extreme.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Enemy combatant, but still.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ibexsig
posted Hide Post
The scene at the end of Glory where they throw the commanding officer's body in with his fallen troops. The fact it actually happened and that once they figured out that they put a white officer's body in a mass grave they wrote to the family asking if they would like them to dig it back up and give him full military honors. The family said he should stay with his troops.
Due to erosion their bodies were removed by the army years later and put in a grave in South Carolina marked "unknown". They are still buried together, brothers-in-arms.

Posts: 315 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
Where the Red Fern Grows.

I saw it in the 4th grade and haven't been back since.

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
The beginning of Up?

Gets me every time.

I feel silly for mentioning another animated movie but the scene in Toy Story 2 where the Jessie the cowgirl doll gets discovered by her beloved owner after being abandoned under the bed. Jessie is elated to be rediscovered by her owner, but then gets taken by her owner to a donation drop-off bin.

Makes me think of my now grownup kids and how my wife and I were once their entire world and how they were ours. And how that will never happen again.

Pixar knows how to make a tearjerker.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The Patriot when the man shoots himself after finding his wife and boy dead.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
The Patriot when the man shoots himself after finding his wife and boy dead.

I also hate to see Heath Ledger get killed too...

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Mine would have to be in Red Dawn, when Jed puts a grenade in Toni's (Jennifer Grey's) hand. She was finished, but still in the fight.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Another one, more obscure...the drowning scene from Sometimes a Great Notion (also called Never Give an Inch), the logging movie starring Paul Newman. A guy is stuck on a log, and is slowly rolled under the surface. Newman tries in vain to deliver air to him, but the guy starts laughing of all things and succumbs.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Gus (Robert Duvall again) was on his death bed in Lonesome Dove.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post