SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Battlestar Galactica (2004 Version)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlestar Galactica (2004 Version) Login/Join 
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted
For the past few weeks I've been binge-watching a couple of episodes per night with my wife.

This is my question: In season 4 Starbuck (K. Sackhoff) discovers her own remains on the nuclear wasteland that was Earth, the home of the 13th Tribe.

We'll be finishing the series next week sometime, but thus far there's been no explanation of how Starbuck was re-incarnated. She apparently is NOT a Cylon, so how did she get reincarnated? What am I missing/not understanding?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
God sent her to guide them home.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there's a lotta deus ex machina in that show. I loved it, don't get me wrong, but they weren't bashful in going for it. I got retcon whiplash the last season or so.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Love that show, but yes, the writers had painted themselves into a lot of corners by the final season. The finale was pretty epic but they sure had a lot of plot threads to tie up.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I watched every episode as it aired, but didn't really care for the overt religious and political tones. I think Season 1.5 and 2 were the worst for me.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
We'll be finishing the series next week sometime, but thus far there's been no explanation of how Starbuck was re-incarnated. She apparently is NOT a Cylon, so how did she get reincarnated? What am I missing/not understanding?

They explain/wrap all of that up in the final season and especially the final episodes.

How satisfied you will be at the end...

well...

It's not bad...

but...

As Rob Decker said, the writers had a lot to wrap up, and from some pretty tight corners.

I loved the show myself and re-watch it from start to finish every now and again. But that's me.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I can't get past watching one episode of this show. I don't know why it just doesn't hook me.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What streaming service carries BSG???

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved that series. Its well worth the time to finish.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I hated it when it came out. Too dark. Too gritty.

I gave it another chance this year, and I binge-watched the entire show in about a month (my library had all the DVDs). I really like it.

At first, I hated the human-form Cylons, and part of me still does. I just don't buy a machine/android/whatever being indistinguishable from a human. They did this on the original Star Trek and some other sci-fi shows, and I simply cannot get past this. However, they did pretty good with the show (especially considering they pulled a LOT of the show out of their butts in the last season to make all the pieces fit).

I don't really understand Starbuck's deal. I know what the show says (she's an angel or something, sent by God), but it's just a bit too much in places. I like sci-fi, but I don't like when they get 'spiritual' with it.

All in all, it was pretty well done, with some outstanding acting (especially Baltar, Col Ty, Marry Mitchell, and Edward James Olmos).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ice1811:

Used to be Netflix. I don't think they have it anymore, though. They've got the original now.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
For the past few weeks I've been binge-watching a couple of episodes per night with my wife.

This is my question: In season 4 Starbuck (K. Sackhoff) discovers her own remains on the nuclear wasteland that was Earth, the home of the 13th Tribe.

IIRC She and her husband are cylons. Her just being the ultimate incarnation of it, almost a Avatar of the two beings that Play as angels/demons throught shows. At the end she would be the incarnation of her mortal spirit of will and the machines commitment do as her code instructed to get "MAN" to a home.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ice1811:

We are watching it on HULU.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post