SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Expanse returns on SyFy April 11th !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Expanse returns on SyFy April 11th ! Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I'm in the first half the the second season. Does the character of Joe Miller get any better? First season I just couldn't get past that stupid hat. Then he took the hat off and revealed that stupid hair cut, and I said please put the stupid hat back on. After he loses his job as a cop goes on a shooting spree, and has a thing for a girl he's never met. The last episode where they find the scientist that knows the most about what's going on, and he shoots him. I would think futuristic space people would be a little smarter than this Denis Leary wanna be.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I hated Miller for similar reasons but then he grew on me. Just be patient until you get to Season 3.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Part of Miller's appeal is that he's a screwup that pisses everyone off and yet in the end.......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I know. The wifey was gone last night and I watched an episode off the headset and on the mains. Man this show has a great low end. Gave my sub a real workout. Now that's fun. I imagine the seismograph people at the University of Washington were wondering what's going on in southern Colorado last night.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:I would think futuristic space people would be a little smarter than this Denis Leary wanna be.

He's a Belter, hopefully you've progressed deeper into the series and gotten a better handle on why the Belter's act and look the way they do.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I started this show a couple of years ago when season 3 came out. Amazon just defaulted to season 3 episode 1. I watched the first two episodes before I realized the mistake. Then I went back to season 1 and everything was of course very different and hard for me to follow so I gave up after just 2 or 3 episodes. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and I see a video from the Critical Drinker recommending the show. So I decided to give it a try again from the beginning. By now I had forgotten the confusion of mixing the two seasons before and now I’m hooked. The first night I was up till about 2 in the morning watching the first 4 episodes. My wife and son have no interest in it so I watch after hours now and I’m just about through with season 3.

It’s good stuff.

By the way, Amazon still defaults to season 3 episode 1 to this day every time I turn it on. It’s aggravating.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Critical Drinker recommending the show

I saw that video. It was a great recommendation, and he was spot on regarding the subtle diversity, and smartness of the writing. Hopefully Amazon doesn't mess with a good thing.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I had some trouble in the beginning, but I'm all in now.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Critical Drinker recommending the show

I saw that video. It was a great recommendation, and he was spot on regarding the subtle diversity, and smartness of the writing. Hopefully Amazon doesn't mess with a good thing.

I don’t see Amazon messing with it much. They are simply paying for it. Most of the scripts are written by the guys who wrote the books (it’s actually two guys, but they use one pen name), so it should mostly follow the books, although for episodic TV they need to do things like compress storylines, merge some characters, etc.

The only bad thing I see on the horizon is the guy who plays Alex got cancel cultured, so I don’t know how dropping that character will work out in the next seasons.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

The only bad thing I see on the horizon is the guy who plays Alex got cancel cultured, so I don’t know how dropping that character will work out in the next seasons.

My guess is Bull takes his place.
He's already on the Roci, and has some history with Holden, via Fred Johnson.

Hopefully Alex gets a decent send-off, without taking Bobby with him.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

Okay, ya got me. What is going on here? "Cancel cultured"?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Bull’s the current pilot so it makes sense.

Alex got “cancel cultured” meaning women accused him of something and they got rid of him.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
What's interesting is that Cas Anvar wasn't announced as leaving the show until November. So they knew they were releasing him a long time ago, when they were filming this season. The investigations into the allegations were only in June.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Imagine William Shatner trying to act on that show. He'd make Cas Anvar look like a choir boy!

posted Hide Post
Has anyone else found the current season boring? It started out well but then this started to move a soap opera pace.

Posts: 15 | Registered: January 10, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigJimSlade:
Has anyone else found the current season boring? It started out well but then this started to move a soap opera pace.

A fan of Kentucky Fried Movie. Welcome.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigJimSlade:

Yeah, it has slowed down quite a bit. A lot of subplots that just seem drawn out with little action. Much of it was basically setup. In the penultimate episode last week, the main characters have gotten into their final positions and have come to realizations of critical plot points that the audience knew, but the characters didn’t, and everyone is waiting for their final moves in this seasons’s chess game. Hopefully, it will all come together in the season finale next week, but there are so many subplots, I don’t think they will be wrapped up in just one show. Likely some of the things will simply carry to season 6, like the protomolecule story, and the consequences of Earth’s retaliation against the Belters.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having read the books I can see the setups for HUGE plot expansions.

I have to agree that waiting for Naomi's plot line for weeks has made things drag out. Maybe If we could watch them all at once instead of waiting between Wednesdays it wouldn't seem as slow.

It might be a little interesting to see how they handle Cas Anvar's departure but most of all I'm looking forward to the return of BIG Events!

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Boy howdy that Bobbie Draper has the boom boom. YEEEEEW!!!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
What's interesting is that Cas Anvar wasn't announced as leaving the show until November. So they knew they were releasing him a long time ago, when they were filming this season. The investigations into the allegations were only in June.

I'm sure their 'investigation' is leading them down the 'he said/she said' rabbit hole and its revealing a lot of clumsy-guy flirting/interaction and overly-sensitive, over-reactions by the accusing women; similar to the embarrassing nightmare that fellow Canadian comedian Aziz Ansari went through. Apparently there's a collection of Twitter posts that they're calling 'evidence'...we'll see. Maybe the guy is a scumbag or, like a lot of guys, isn't too smooth and being a celebrity makes it worse.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post