SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Expanse returns on SyFy April 11th !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Expanse returns on SyFy April 11th ! Login/Join 
posted
Set your DVR.

Posts: 81 | Location: Springfield. USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I've missed this show! Is this the 2nd or 3rd season?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Should be 3rd. I've got two DVDs. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Nice. Can't wait.

Edited Feb 1, 2021: disregard my comment. Have not been a fan of the show since it left SyFy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vgex,

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES! Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Yeah. I’m ready to see where this season goes after season 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Season bought on Amazon Prime last week.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
It's the best sci-fi show currently running!!

Also, thanks for the reminder!! I had to get a new DVR box and I know this isn't programmed in it yet.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
IIRC, last season's finale was titled Caliban's War, so hoping this season will be primarily from Abaddon's Gate.
Seems logical to do a book per season, but then that would be 9 season's overall. Very optimistic if that is the case.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG! Totally forgot about this show. I will have to rewatch the last few episodes of season 2 to remember.
I thought it was canceled, but that was the Orson Scott Card show Extinct I think.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
I like the show despite the show runners miscasting both Holden and Amos.

The Amos miscast works because Wes Chatham pulls it off despite his diminutive size.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
My older Son likes this. I just finished the very 1st episode, not heavily into it yet.

I usually get hooked after a few.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
IIRC, last season's finale was titled Caliban's War, so hoping this season will be primarily from Abaddon's Gate.
Seems logical to do a book per season, but then that would be 9 season's overall. Very optimistic if that is the case.

They've been averaging about 80% of a book a season. They have about 25% of Caliban's War to put on screen before they get to Abaddon's Gate. Then they have to decide when to stop depending on whether there will be a Season 4, 5, 6, etc.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news! I read the first 4-5 books but then my interest waned. I'll be watching.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Just finished season 2 on Amazon Prime a couple weeks ago. If that season's timing was any guide: I guess it'll be about six months until it's free on Prime.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm currently wading my way through Season 3 and am about to sit down to watch episode 8 but have to say that I was seriously thrown by episode 7, Delta-V. I don't think they found out until long after wrapping the season that they were cancelled and yet this episode takes a serious leap forward in time. I've only seen something like that when the cast and crew knew they were being cancelled and are attempting to accelerate the timeline of the show to provide answers to plotlines.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Amazon has picked up the series and all new seasons since SYFY dropped it after season 3. Hopefully it will get even better since Amazon won't have any content restrictions like SYFY has.

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I'm currently wading my way through Season 3 and am about to sit down to watch episode 8 but have to say that I was seriously thrown by episode 7, Delta-V. I don't think they found out until long after wrapping the season that they were cancelled and yet this episode takes a serious leap forward in time. I've only seen something like that when the cast and crew knew they were being cancelled and are attempting to accelerate the timeline of the show to provide answers to plotlines.

I haven’t started season three yet, but I’ve read through book three. There’s some jump in time there as well.

Books are good so far as well. Storyline is very similar, but not the same. Holden is a naive little shit there, too.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they follow the books exactly the way they are now, it will take about 10 seasons to get to the material in the already released books & they'll have to let the actors get old before shooting. I bet they skip book 4 completely.
Delta-V jumped in time, but you didn't miss anything.
I watched season 1 & most of 2 before starting the books, now Im re-reading them. It's weird how I remember the story from the show, more than the books (where it changes). The show has done a VERY good job of compressing the story for TV without changing it too much. The Eros -> Ganymede -> Io timeline was done better in the show than the book, IMO. Io was a bit anticlimactic, that's the only thing I'd change. Space battles are expensive though.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Gotta say I love this show. Glad Amazon picked it up for a 4th season! Great finale!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post