SIGforum
The Expanse returns on SyFy April 11th !

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/8920050044

April 04, 2018, 09:59 AM
squint
The Expanse returns on SyFy April 11th !
Set your DVR.
April 04, 2018, 10:37 AM
SIG4EVA
I've missed this show! Is this the 2nd or 3rd season?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
April 04, 2018, 10:50 AM
AllenInAR
Should be 3rd. I've got two DVDs. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
April 04, 2018, 12:40 PM
Vgex
Nice. Can't wait.

Edited Feb 1, 2021: disregard my comment. Have not been a fan of the show since it left SyFy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vgex,
April 04, 2018, 02:11 PM
Anubismp
YES! Thanks for the heads up.
April 04, 2018, 08:34 PM
smithnsig
Yeah. I’m ready to see where this season goes after season 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
April 07, 2018, 04:45 PM
Loswsmith
Season bought on Amazon Prime last week.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
April 07, 2018, 05:20 PM
g8rforester
It's the best sci-fi show currently running!!

Also, thanks for the reminder!! I had to get a new DVR box and I know this isn't programmed in it yet.
April 07, 2018, 11:21 PM
apprentice
IIRC, last season's finale was titled Caliban's War, so hoping this season will be primarily from Abaddon's Gate.
Seems logical to do a book per season, but then that would be 9 season's overall. Very optimistic if that is the case.
April 07, 2018, 11:38 PM
Phelen_Kell
OMG! Totally forgot about this show. I will have to rewatch the last few episodes of season 2 to remember.
I thought it was canceled, but that was the Orson Scott Card show Extinct I think.
April 08, 2018, 03:47 AM
IndyRob
I like the show despite the show runners miscasting both Holden and Amos.

The Amos miscast works because Wes Chatham pulls it off despite his diminutive size.
April 08, 2018, 06:13 AM
sourdough44
My older Son likes this. I just finished the very 1st episode, not heavily into it yet.

I usually get hooked after a few.
April 08, 2018, 10:06 AM
Loswsmith
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
IIRC, last season's finale was titled Caliban's War, so hoping this season will be primarily from Abaddon's Gate.
Seems logical to do a book per season, but then that would be 9 season's overall. Very optimistic if that is the case.

They've been averaging about 80% of a book a season. They have about 25% of Caliban's War to put on screen before they get to Abaddon's Gate. Then they have to decide when to stop depending on whether there will be a Season 4, 5, 6, etc.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
April 08, 2018, 10:34 AM
Batty67
Great news! I read the first 4-5 books but then my interest waned. I'll be watching.
April 08, 2018, 02:38 PM
ensigmatic
Just finished season 2 on Amazon Prime a couple weeks ago. If that season's timing was any guide: I guess it'll be about six months until it's free on Prime.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
June 17, 2018, 08:59 PM
Orguss
I'm currently wading my way through Season 3 and am about to sit down to watch episode 8 but have to say that I was seriously thrown by episode 7, Delta-V. I don't think they found out until long after wrapping the season that they were cancelled and yet this episode takes a serious leap forward in time. I've only seen something like that when the cast and crew knew they were being cancelled and are attempting to accelerate the timeline of the show to provide answers to plotlines.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
June 19, 2018, 09:59 AM
Xer0
Amazon has picked up the series and all new seasons since SYFY dropped it after season 3. Hopefully it will get even better since Amazon won't have any content restrictions like SYFY has.
June 19, 2018, 10:17 PM
SigJacket
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I'm currently wading my way through Season 3 and am about to sit down to watch episode 8 but have to say that I was seriously thrown by episode 7, Delta-V. I don't think they found out until long after wrapping the season that they were cancelled and yet this episode takes a serious leap forward in time. I've only seen something like that when the cast and crew knew they were being cancelled and are attempting to accelerate the timeline of the show to provide answers to plotlines.

I haven’t started season three yet, but I’ve read through book three. There’s some jump in time there as well.

Books are good so far as well. Storyline is very similar, but not the same. Holden is a naive little shit there, too.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844
June 20, 2018, 12:05 PM
snidera
If they follow the books exactly the way they are now, it will take about 10 seasons to get to the material in the already released books & they'll have to let the actors get old before shooting. I bet they skip book 4 completely.
Delta-V jumped in time, but you didn't miss anything.
I watched season 1 & most of 2 before starting the books, now Im re-reading them. It's weird how I remember the story from the show, more than the books (where it changes). The show has done a VERY good job of compressing the story for TV without changing it too much. The Eros -> Ganymede -> Io timeline was done better in the show than the book, IMO. Io was a bit anticlimactic, that's the only thing I'd change. Space battles are expensive though.
June 28, 2018, 07:28 AM
RHINOWSO
Gotta say I love this show. Glad Amazon picked it up for a 4th season! Great finale!