SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite TV bad guy.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite TV bad guy. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I know there are many a memorable TV villain. For a lot of people it is hard to choose just one.

My favorite without a doubt is Boyd Crowder. Boyd grew every season, and became a more complex character. The first time we saw Boyd he was almost a one dimensional cartoon character. A simple nazi white supremacist asshole, with a penchant for explosives and money. By the end of the show, he was much more complex with his cat and mouse with the USMS.

Who is yours?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
TV show? Al Swearengen, hands down.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
TV show? Al Swearengen, hands down.

Wait... I thought he was the hero.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I coveted his car.

Big Grin

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony Soprano

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I know there are many a memorable TV villain. For a lot of people it is hard to choose just one.

My favorite without a doubt is Boyd Crowder. Boyd grew every season, and became a more complex character. The first time we saw Boyd he was almost a one dimensional cartoon character. A simple nazi white supremacist asshole, with a penchant for explosives and money. By the end of the show, he was much more complex with his cat and mouse with the USMS.

Who is yours?

When I read your thread title and before even opening the thread, the first name to pop into my head was "Boyd Crowder." Pretty good.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tasmanian Devil

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boyd Crowder no doubt, the whole show had great writers.

Second: the other Barry from Archer.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'll have to think about it, coming right to mind -- Tuco Salamanca

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Even has "Bad" in his name.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
For me it's a toss up between Boyd Crowder and Al Swearengen.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Moriarty from BBC's Sherlock.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always liked this guy.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Not really a "guy" but Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones is a fantastic villain

Also hard to get more twisted than Ramsey

Also Vic from the Shield

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
One that maybe not so obvious is Gemma on sons of anarchy.

I watched that show sometimes, just to see if someone was gonna give her a smack. I hated her.

In a way she made the show being so bad.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Not really a "guy" but Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones is a fantastic villain

Also hard to get more twisted than Ramsey

Also Vic from the Shield

The actor who plays Ramsey was the top pick for Jon Snow, until Kit Harrington stopped by.

My first thought was Lee Van Cleef as I was thinking of the actor/actress who is a perennial villain.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first one to come to my mind is a little out there...

Tempest, from "Lois and Clark," and all because of this scene:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Nov7vSkmU

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Who is yours?

I have to go with Boyd too. And I don't have anything to add to your excellent description of his character and its evolution. One could almost say he is more the star of the series than Raylan.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post