SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Watching Doom:Annihilation on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watching Doom:Annihilation on Netflix Login/Join 
posted
Man, I don’t think anything could make the 2005 movie with Dwayne Johnson and Karl Urban look good. At least they made it more explicit about opening a portal to Hell than the old movie, but it’s still pretty wretched (most enemies are zombies and Imps, which are very obviously guys in suits) . The look and plot are more or less Doom 3, including the trip to Hell at the end. In true SJW fashion, the surviving marine is now a young woman.

Just say no.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It sucked. So did the other one. Typical D-grade scifi.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Man, I don’t think anything could make the 2005 movie with Dwayne Johnson and Karl Urban look good.

Just say no.

Yep. It's a direct-to-video B-(or C- or D-)movie, rushed through on a shoestring budget by Universal after the video game studio responsible for Doom refused any involvement with the film. That alone should be enough red flags to tell you not to bother.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post