SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    “Best” 80s action movie
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Best” 80s action movie Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
One that didn’t age well...

Lone Wolf McQuade

I thought it was bad ass back in the day, watched it about a year ago and it was awfully cheesy. The exception to the movie was his Dodge, which should be right up your alley Jones!

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Road Warrior
Blade Runner
Aliens
Lethal Weapon
Die Hard
Predator

After these everything tends to get cheesy and dumb.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Blade Runner
Aliens
Lethal Weapon
Die Hard
The Abyss

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Back there I can fly a gun ship, I can drive a tank, I was in charge of million dollar equipment. Back here I can't even hold a job parking cars.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Commando is the most 80s of all 80s movies. Peak Arnold. Massive body count. Classic one liners. Awesome, awesome cheese.

It was a magic time for action flicks. Predator. Aliens. Terminator 1 and 2. Lethal Weapon. Raiders of the Lost Ark. The older I get, the more I miss it.

"What happened to Sully?"
"I let him go."

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Die Hard, Leathal Weapon, and Rambo II

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:

Lone Wolf McQuade

I thought it was bad ass back in the day, watched it about a year ago and it was awfully cheesy. The exception to the movie was his Dodge, which should be right up your alley Jones!

I just found a copy of that last weekend.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Predator is still a damn good action movie even now.

They Live doesn't hold up well for effects but is still a fun movie, same for the original Total Recall

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
While it wasn't filmed in the '80s, I still consider The Last Boyscout to be one of the greats in that era.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
does star wars count as "action movies"? If so have to add Empire and Return

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
While it wasn't filmed in the '80s, I still consider The Last Boyscout to be one of the greats in that era.

Head or gut?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

Head or gut?

“I believe in love. I believe in cancer.”
“What like they’re both diseases?”
“Something like that.”
“I wanna meet the bitch that fucked you up.”

“Well other then that there’s not much to tell. Water’s wet, the sky’s blue and old satan clause, he’s out there and he’s only getting stronger.”

I LOVE THIS MOVIE. Even though a 90s movie it totally fits the bill.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Siege of Firebase Gloria.

Great Vietnam War era flick made in 1989 starring R. Lee Ermey.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

Touch me again and I’ll kill ya.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:

Lone Wolf McQuade

I just found a copy of that last weekend.

I have a copy. I think it aged well if you see it for what it is.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Just as good now as it was then:

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Predator is still a damn good action movie even now.

They Live doesn't hold up well for effects but is still a fun movie, same for the original Total Recall

I agree!

"I ain't got time to bleed." Big Grin

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Predator
Commando
The Hitcher (don't know if it counts as an action flick as it's also a suspense thriller)
Conan, the Barbarian (The second one sucked)
First blood
Terminator 1
Bloodsport
Aliens
Red Dawn
The Road Warrior
FMJ
Platoon
The Octagon
Missing in Action
Invasion USA

Movies I wanted to list, but were actually made in the 90's:
I Come In Peace
Under Siege

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head that I really liked. I think Predator and Conan stood out the most.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
There are many other movie lists like her, but this one is mine,

Trying to add to the many good choices here, several 80's movies are not the blockbuster T1 type movies, but still gritty, action, guns, shit blown up, mindless fun stuff...

Movies that if I find them playing, I'll set whatever I was watching to DVR, or set that movie to DVR to watch later.

Just recorded Thief on HBO, I can't watch it enough, James Caan was fantastic in the role, Belushi good as his partner, the blues bar scene was added after the cast spend an evening break from shooting the movie at a local Chicago blues bar....

Thief- James Caan
Escape from New York
Tango and Cash
Black Rain
Heartbreak Ridge
The Dead Pool
Over The Top
Sudden Impact
Raw Deal
Death Wish II & III
Firefox
Delta Force

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
My favorites, pulled from previous posts:

Aliens
Predator
Red Dawn
Lethal Weapon
Delta Force
Invasion USA

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post