SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Gene Kelly. Singin’ in the Rain
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gene Kelly. Singin’ in the Rain Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Because. That’s why

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Kelly was running a 103 deg fever when he filmed that title number.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

Sure doesn’t show, does it. Guess that’s what a professional does.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always liked this scene!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Sure doesn’t show, does it. Guess that’s what a professional does.

Yep, if it looks hard, you're doing wrong. During that golden age of movie musicals, actors were practically killing themselves to put out screen gems.

After completing the over-the-top 'Make 'Em Laugh' number in SITR. Donald O'Connor had to be plugged into an IV and hospitalized for days for exhaustion & injuries. It also didn't help that he was chainsmoking 3-4 packs/day.

Kelly, O'Connor, & Debbie Reynolds filmed 'Good Morning' over & over again for 15 consecutive hours. They finally called it a day when Reynolds' feet were bleeding so badly, she couldn't stand anymore and had to be carried off the set.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
One of my family's favorites!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great movie and he was an amazing talent....singer, actor, dancer and choreographer. He was great in Brigadoon with Van Johnson too.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Song is ruined for me. Stanley did me in with young Alex singing that song while doing the ultra violence.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12631 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ That was a rough film!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marvelous, deceptively simple in appearance (oh so not simple in reality!), elegant, iconic and totally enjoyable to watch! Makes me smile inside every time I watch it!

This was made 68 years ago; alas, I worry that our society is slowly losing appreciation for this wonderful art.

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sacramento Johnson:
Marvelous, deceptively simple in appearance (oh so not simple in reality!), elegant, iconic and totally enjoyable to watch! Makes me smile inside every time I watch it!

This was made 68 years ago; alas, I worry that our society is slowly losing appreciation for this wonderful art.

I understand that Gene Kelly absolutely hated the fact that many find men dancing effeminate.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

That's astonishing.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post