SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Battlefield V, any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlefield V, any good? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Just learned of its existence. Anyone playing it yet?

I´m strictly a campaign player. Reviews appreciated.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Because there's little difference between recent Battlefield games and Call of Duty--which I hate--I refused to buy this game. I spend a lot of time on YouTube watching gaming channels and I haven't seen much in the way of reviews, either. Of course, it released only yesterday so give it time before the reviews come in.

If you want to watch a playthrough of a guy whose videos I like to watch:
https://www.youtube.com/playli...GB-8IHqEYdN6OpqeZuK8

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I have been playing for a week, I think it’s good but I prefer BF1.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a big difference between battlefield and call of duty. The two are apples and oranges.

Do you want to run around for 5 min. without seeing anyone to shoot only to get picked off by a sniper? Get battlefield.
Or you can play cod which has much smaller maps, no vehicles and much faster paced game play and get shot through a wall and killed 2 seconds after you spawn then get cod.

The cod games for the past few years have been trash, but I do much prefer call of duty.

But as to the question the OP asked if you only play campaign then I’m sure battlefield 5 will be good, the campaign for battlefield games is usually pretty decent

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I stick by my claim. Very few players over the past couple of Battlefield games seem interested in taking objectives. Now, it's all about racking up kills.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Just got it yesterday.

I am not a online player. Single player campaign only for me Big Grin

Started the game about noon-ish. Was done by five-ish.

That included the "training" story, watching all the cut scenes, a need to restart one of the checkpoints because the final objective didn't trigger for some reason.... spent almost 20 minutes running around in circles..... and stopping for a fresh cup of coffee and a snack.

Only 3 "stories" so far plus the training bit, with one more story supposed to be available Dec.4. The training story is the same idea as BF4 where you are jumping through various battles.

It was interesting in that you are basically able to pick which order you complete the various objectives in each section. And their is more or less no one specific way to get to them. Sort of "open world" like, so that was kinda nice.

Overall I give it a solid "meh". It was kinda fun but I didn't have any kind of "urge" to want to replay it. I got it for $48 and am happy I did not pay the $60 through Origin.

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PakRatJR:
Just got it yesterday.

I am not a online player. Single player campaign only for me Big Grin

Started the game about noon-ish. Was done by five-ish.

That included the "training" story, watching all the cut scenes, a need to restart one of the checkpoints because the final objective didn't trigger for some reason.... spent almost 20 minutes running around in circles..... and stopping for a fresh cup of coffee and a snack.

Only 3 "stories" so far plus the training bit, with one more story supposed to be available Dec.4. The training story is the same idea as BF4 where you are jumping through various battles.

It was interesting in that you are basically able to pick which order you complete the various objectives in each section. And their is more or less no one specific way to get to them. Sort of "open world" like, so that was kinda nice.

Overall I give it a solid "meh". It was kinda fun but I didn't have any kind of "urge" to want to replay it. I got it for $48 and am happy I did not pay the $60 through Origin.

guess I'm not making a drive today as I had planned,

im not an online player either...5 hrs...

no thanks

Thanks for the update

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PakRatJR:
[QUOTE] guess I'm not making a drive today as I had planned,

im not an online player either...5 hrs...

no thanks

Thanks for the update

Yup, that was definitely the biggest bummer. If their was a proper length campaign like in 4 it would probably have been great. The open world feel and just the overall "feel" of it was nice, but way too short for what could have been a good game.

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(K,Na)(Fe+++,Al,Mg)2
(Si,Al)4 O10(OH)2
Picture of Munch
posted Hide Post
I have been playing it off and on since it released. I have the same opinion as Valpo Fz, it is OK but I liked BF1 much better.

Posts: 859 | Location: north central Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I decided to buy this game in December, when EA had its Christmas sale going on. Picked it up for $30. With my new PC, on Ultra settings, I'm running 140 fps in single player with 70 fps in cutscenes. Storywise, it's pretty cool. I've only done the first two of four chapters (not counting the tutorial). Once I'm done with the single-player, I'll give multi-player a go but I'm just not into first-person shooters like I used to be.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Tried it for 5 minutes. Ran around some rocks and died to some sniper I never saw multiple times.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Updated Windows to Build 1809 in order to activate ray tracing in BF5. Omigawd, it's so pretty! FPS dropped to 80 in-game, though.

Here's an explanation of ray tracing, if you're unfamiliar with it:
https://youtu.be/BJznsmQtwVI

Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I stick by my claim. Very few players over the past couple of Battlefield games seem interested in taking objectives. Now, it's all about racking up kills.

That's why you get a crew together and start taking objectives. The killwhores come to you, you kill the killwhores.

Que adolescent screaming and bitching.

Rinse and repeat Cool

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post