SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie Split on HBO Now
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie Split on HBO Now Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
I noticed Split showed up recently on HBO Now and the wife and I watched it last night.

Wow, we both really liked it. Quite a well done thriller with some horror. I don't want to say much more about it so as to not to be a spoiler. Both of us thought the actor for main character James McAvoy did a very convincing job.

I found out that there is going to be a sequel named Glass that is filming now that is going to be a sequel for both Split and Unbreakable. I have not seen Unbreakable yet so i have to do that too.

If you like this kind of movie it might be worthwhile checking it out.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
We rented the DVD from Netflix. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but found myself sitting and watching the whole movie.

It was suspenseful enough to keep my attention. I don't do good with most movies, I tend to wander off or sleep.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Split was well done and a nice bounce back for M Night after a bunch of bad films.

Unbreakable was very good but if you have seen Split you already know the big twist in Unbreakable.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I watched it. Well done I thought. I liked it. I generally shied away from his films once Bruce Willis found out he was dead, but this was good.

Now The Village....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Yeah he has had some duds but Split kept us glued to the screen.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen this one yet, but like most of the rest of his films. I'll be sure to check it out.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I watched Unbreakable last night. I thought that was pretty good too and will be interested in seeing the sequel Glass that will tie Split and Unbreakable together when it comes out in early 2019.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6823368/

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It was OK... I was waiting for some kind of twist, there really wasn't one. The trailer pretty much gave the whole movie away.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post