SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Worthwhile documentaries and movies on YouTube
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worthwhile documentaries and movies on YouTube Login/Join 
posted
Can anyone suggest some good viewing? I remember seeing a list sometime back but surprisingly I was unable to locate it in the Search Function. Thanks

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
documentaries

some links won't work.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANKS.

Michael

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Doc,

You are welcome, sir!

Way Back Machine Results

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12324 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
See if you can find Standing In the Shadows of Motown.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I saw this one recently, maybe it'll appeal to the architect in you (I'm not an architect, but then neither was the central figure in the documentary).

It's about how a goldsmith came to build one of the most mysterious structures in the modern world, the dome of the great cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence finally completed in 1436 (the cathedral was started 140 years earlier, awaiting that long for someone to propose a design solution). The dome as proposed was simply too large to be constructed by existing architectural methods at that time, i.e. use of a temporary central scaffold.

See how early you can guess how he did it (I came up with some of the answer, but not all of it).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16334 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the wayback machine link.

Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
If you're into war and political documentaries, the playlists in this account are excellent. I recommend the Cold War Series, the Battlefield Series (WW2 battles), and the Scorched Earth Series (WW2 Series).

Vasile Luga Youtube Documentary Playlists

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Fastball,
Knuckleball
The Last Teammate

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTlKtCQ422k

Newer Vietnam documentary. Worth watching!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
There are some good one's on the Battle of Jutland

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Empire of the Seas. 4 part BBC documentary on the development of the English Navy and it's importance to the nation.

Dzozer is also correct in noting that there are some really good BBC docs on Jutland.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Just watched Hitting the Apex this past weekend. It's about MotoGP and covers several seasons of racing between Rossi, Simoncelli, Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Stoner and Marquez. It was enjoyable but maybe not the very best MotoGP documentary.

ETA: I think we watched it on Amazon Prime. No help for the OP (sorry), but someone else may enjoy it.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post