Find
Notify
Tools

Ad Astra Movie Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
This looks pretty interesting, and I'm trying to figure out if it's set in our present or slightly in the future or is some sort of retro/future thing because some of it looks like it's set in the present, some of it in the 1960's rocket heyday and some in the future with some unfamiliar looking green uniforms? US Space Force?

What do you all think?

Posts: 25306 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks entertaining at any rate. Near (25-40yrs) future is my guess. Good to see Liv Tyler is still alive at least... Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

The world's a dangerous place, we can help! http://portlandfirearmtraining.com/

Posts: 4495 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Is that a space elevator in the trailer?

Posts: 10177 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So it opens September 20th.

Looks like it may actually be pretty good! Not a lot of details about WHEN it’s set but I’m guessing about 50 years in the future. Major McBride (Brad Pitt) wears a uniform with US Army nametape and the green dress uniforms in the first trailer were vaguely Army Class-A-ish. He’s also wearing US Army Astronaut wings in one of the trailers.

Apparently we have a pretty large, established Moon Base in the future, complete with Moon Pirates! Eek

Posts: 25306 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looks like a distance future movie with some Apocalypse Now themes (rouge former leader, thought dead, on his own, etc).

Might be worth the watch.

Posts: 42996 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Looks like a distance future movie with some Apocalypse Now themes (rouge former leader, thought dead, on his own, etc).

Might be worth the watch.

"Charlie don't EVA!"

Now that I got that out of my system, this looks like a pretty expensive cast so maybe it won't suck.

Posts: 6186 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m interested in the movie, but have to say the moon buggy shootout looks stupid and too heavily CGI’d.

Posts: 1924 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the way movie studios are putting out trailers and, and how they obscure the plot, this could very well be a astronaut discovering his father is having an affair out in space.
Looks interesting though..

Posts: 9228 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Looks worth the look! Great cast of characters. I'm needing some new SF in my life. This life is getting too interesting at times of late.

Posts: 3603 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post