SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    How am I the first one to post this??? Sicario 2 trailer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How am I the first one to post this??? Sicario 2 trailer Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Gotcha, there’s just a lot of grunting going on, he he. Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a search on this topic, and about 2/3 of the responders thought that a rape occurred. I could agree if a ball bat or night stick was used. I just don’t see how Alejandro could....”prepare” for a rape, if you get my drift. I mean a fat smelly ugly turd probably doesn’t get much intimacy.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
I did a search on this topic, and about 2/3 of the responders thought that a rape occurred. I could agree if a ball bat or night stick was used. I just don’t see how Alejandro could....”prepare” for a rape, if you get my drift. I mean a fat smelly ugly turd probably doesn’t get much intimacy.

It's not about "intimacy" or sex, it's about the violence and domination. The control. On top of that, Alejandro is not exactly a "good guy." He's clearly a monster, not of his own creation, but still a monster.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Oh I never thought anyone was enjoying it, whatever was being done in that scene.. thanks for helping ‘splain it to me!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the first movie was outstanding!

The purpose of Emily Blunt's character was to embed an FBI SWAT Team member (not an investigator) into a CIA/Delta operation to make it legal for them to operate within the US.

The character was specifically chosen because she appeared to fit the tactical need (SWAT operations) and was not the type who was experienced with how the big game actually works. So her small world is suddenly turned upside down and all the stuff she thought was right/wrong in law enforcement is questioned. She resists what she believes to be legally "wrong" (and it is), but finds that no one above her cares that they have to bend the rules. Whiney? Yes maybe a bit too much, but in the end she found that no one cares. If she didn't sign the paper that everything was done "by the book" she would have been killed and ruled a suicide.

As for Del Torro's character. His wife was beheaded and daughter thrown into a vat of acid in front of him, because he was a prosector. Is that enough to turn him to the dark side? I suppose as a prosecutor he saw how violent the cartels really are, and could treat them as animals instead of people.

But how he turned from a lawyer to such a badass with Suppressed MP5 & MK23 is something they should answer. And the snap point shooting at Blunt into her vest (so as not to actually kill her) would take a lot of skill. Perhaps he didn't care if she was killed or not, they would just saw she was KIA in the operation.

The interrogation scene - whatever he did, it was intended to humiliate and emasculate the prisoner so much to absolutely break him down and get him to talk.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
As for Del Torro's character. His wife was beheaded and daughter thrown into a vat of acid in front of him, because he was a prosector. Is that enough to turn him to the dark side? I suppose as a prosecutor he saw how violent the cartels really are, and could treat them as animals instead of people.

But how he turned from a lawyer to such a badass with Suppressed MP5 & MK23 is something they should answer. And the snap point shooting at Blunt into her vest (so as not to actually kill her) would take a lot of skill. Perhaps he didn't care if she was killed or not, they would just saw she was KIA in the operation.

The interrogation scene - whatever he did, it was intended to humiliate and emasculate the prisoner so much to absolutely break him down and get him to talk.

Del Torro's character was always a cartel hitman/enforcer.

He was always a wolf in the land of wolves.

He only called himself a "prosecutor" relative to Blunt's character as a tongue-in-cheek way to explain his presence on the taskforce in language that a straight-and-narrow type would understand.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Anyone else think the guy with the glasses was paying homage to SGM Mike Vining?

Who, Dreamy Steve?

https://youtu.be/OXK48e0JmDY

That was my first thought when I saw him with those glasses, they have the Accountant with them.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Please let this succeed where the first one did.

Blunt's character was fine, an overwhelmed local fed who's understanding of the larger criminal universe was limited by her emotional capacity and exposure to the larger US government's war against cartels.

100% agree.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
sign me up!!!

Perhaps for Sicario 3 we can have Michael Mann direct it.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post