SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    How am I the first one to post this??? Sicario 2 trailer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How am I the first one to post this??? Sicario 2 trailer Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the first one, and I can't wait for this!

The use of "saga" seems to imply this won't be the last, either. I like the idea...the first one set up the Del Toro character, now we see him "unleashed"...gonna be good!

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised that there’s a sequel. I figured that Del Toro’s character would have committed suicide or permanently retired after what he did to the drug kingpins family. That would be a hard thing to live with even if it was revenge.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I dunno. Del Toro’s character seemed harder than chicken lips. He’s probably Mexico’s answer to Frank Castle. El Punishero.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Glad Brolin is back. I liked him in the first one.

Jeffrey Donovan, as well.

awesome Cool

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just hope they don’t “super size” it like was done to the Wick sequel.
And I’d bet Alejandro went home and slept like a baby after that hit, kids or not.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the first one except for Emily Blunt and her character and I'm a big fan of Josh Brolin.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
My favorite line from the first one is

"you're asking me how a watch works....for now, lets just keep an eye on the time."

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Never heard of this. But I will rent/watch it, as well as the first.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please let this succeed where the first one did.

Blunt's character was fine, an overwhelmed local fed who's understanding of the larger criminal universe was limited by her emotional capacity and exposure to the larger US government's war against cartels.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Same writer but different director. So why does this movie have the same visual feel as the first?

Looking at the works of each Cinematographer, it doesn't surprise me that the director and cinematographer were able to capture the essence of Sicario 1 in the Sicario 2 trailer. That would also come down to audio visual editing and advertising, though. the film itself may still have a slightly different feel to it yet.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I always thought they would do a prequel before a sequel for Sicario. They would go into the past of Del Toro and go into detail of how he got to where he was in Sicario.

I liked the first one.

Anyone else think the guy with the glasses was paying homage to SGM Mike Vining?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Anyone else think the guy with the glasses was paying homage to SGM Mike Vining?

Who, Dreamy Steve?

https://youtu.be/OXK48e0JmDY

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed the first movie. Looking forward to this one. Looks to be a standalone. Not so much a sequel.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the first installment, I will enjoy this one.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the first one, have to watch it again soon.

This one looks interesting.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Momentary thread drift concerning the original film. What the hell is happening in this scene? He’s not water boarding the dude, the jug has the lid on and nothing goes down the drain.. Confused Is Benicio’s character raping him??

https://youtu.be/h-UqMU-MIig

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I dunno how I feel about a sequel. The first film is great, top shelf, just watched it again because of this thread, and yeah it feels like there could be a lot more to the story, a lot more to be told. But at the same time, I like that sort ending that's open, there's no real closure. Yeah, the bad guy is dead, but it's just one bad guy. There's a thousand dudes just waiting in line for their chance to be the kingpin. The story has no end, this is reality, there's going to be bad guys, no matter what. So I hope there's more of that, I don't want a happy ending, because there is none.

Also, no Emily Blunt. I understand her role, and I don't have a problem with her character, it's her distracting resting What The Fuck? face that I can't get over. Not just in this movie, but in every role I've seen her in, she has this look of annoyed confusion, bordering on angry confusion. Like when somebody backs into your car and they start explaining that it's your fault.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fanning the trigger in that scene seems kind of derpy. I will still go see it. I really liked the first one.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Momentary thread drift concerning the original film. What the hell is happening in this scene? He’s not water boarding the dude, the jug has the lid on and nothing goes down the drain.. Confused Is Benicio’s character raping him??

https://youtu.be/h-UqMU-MIig

I think Alejandro is invading his personal space with extreme prejudice. Not actual rape, but as close as you can while dressed. Maybe a cultural thing.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post