SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Skeet shooting ala Beverly Hillbillies
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skeet shooting ala Beverly Hillbillies Login/Join 
posted
Still brings a chuckle. Enjoy.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
that was funny. thanks for posting

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Love that Ellie Mae.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Ellie Mae aka Donna Douglas was a local girl from the local area (Baton Rouge/Baker, La). Even after she left show business she was very connected to the public and her fans. She was one classy lady. RIP. .................................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2002 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, our youth pastor pulled what he thought was a practical joke on a guy by loading his gun with rifled slugs as he was about to demonstrate skeet shooting to a group of us kids. Joke was on the pastor as the shooter, a farm boy, powdered both skeet. Big Grin

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
That was great!

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That's Entertainment!

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The pride of Pride, La. she returned to Louisiana & established a successful real estate business in the Zachary / Baton Rouge area after the BHB show. Very gracious & unpretentious. Louisiana class
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Ellie Mae aka Donna Douglas was a local girl from the local area (Baton Rouge/Baker, La). Even after she left show business she was very connected to the public and her fans. She was one classy lady. RIP. .................................. drill sgt.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Some friends from a few years ago protesting:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Funny thing is i remember seeing that episode a couple times a long long time ago.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that I had seen every episode multiple times but I can’t remember that one. Mr. Drysdale’s $1,200 shotgun would be around $10k in today’s money.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3527 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Buddy Epsen was my friend's uncle. He spent a lot of time growing up on the set back in those days.

His uncle was a accomplished shotgun shooter. Max Baer was a gun guy..but a bit nuts. Did very well for himself.

Donna Douglas was really not playing Elly May but in many ways was the character. Before stardom was a friend's babysitter back in LA.

The entire cast was friend back in those days except his uncle and "Miss Jane" were at odds politically and really weren't friends off camera.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
One of the very next episodes they did was one where they go to 'shoot golf'.

Jed kneels down at a green feeling the grass with his hand and says 'I told Granny I'd fetch her some greens but it looks like these here are already cut plum down to the nub.'

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/n-nYd8ufqCc

Posts: 7252 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That was fantastic. I do not remember that episode.

Thanks for sharing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool to watch. Thanks.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"FLING!" Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Loved them, I can still remember the intro music and watching on the B&W sets.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Thx, I really enjoyed that. I don't recall ever seeing it before.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Loved them, I can still remember the intro music and watching on the B&W sets.

The early (first years) episodes filmed in B&W were the best. When they started filming them in color, the show went downhill somewhat.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Love that Ellie Mae.

Yep

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post