SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lost In Space Reboot coming to Netflix
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost In Space Reboot coming to Netflix Login/Join 
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted
Dunno about this one. I'm not very impressed by the trailer.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Danger!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
So, Penny is now a politically correct black chick? Where’s Don? Will he be gay? Will the Robinsons foreswear the use of weapons and somehow still survive deadly encounters on alien worlds?

These are the things I need to know! (In grand Marshall’s voice)

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I think it could be a great series but it looks like it will be preachy.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, Penny is now a politically correct black chick?

so she's adopted?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Parker Posey is Dr. Smith.

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:

so she's adopted?

She's a GeMO.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

I think that's Judy, not Penny. According to IMDB, the actress playing Judy is Taylor Russell. She's very pretty, but doesn't really resemble the rest of her fictional family.

I liked Toby Stephens in Black Sails, so I'll give this series a shot and hope it's not overly preachy and/or PC.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting. I used to watch the original series. I might watch it. Haven't made up my mind. Maybe if I get bored with other stuff.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
Danger!

This Big Grin

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Judy will be a lesbo & Dr Smith now a woman..

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Please no space monkeys. . .

I liked the Matt Leblanc movie, but I was never a big fan of the tv show. This one might work, and it might suck. Depends 100% on the writing. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Half the fun was hating on the girley-man Dr. Smith. Originally he was to be written out the show but he hammed it up so much that he was kept on.

I read the thread title as 'Lost in Space Robot Coming to a City Near You'. Frown

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

I think that's Judy, not Penny. According to IMDB, the actress playing Judy is Taylor Russell. She's very pretty, but doesn't really resemble the rest of her fictional family.

I liked Toby Stephens in Black Sails, so I'll give this series a shot and hope it's not overly preachy and/or PC.

Now I’m even more confused- Penny now a dirty blond, Judy black, no Dr. Smith or Don in evidence... will they be able to hide in supernovae every other episode in Mylar sleeping bags? Will robot flail his arms wildly when danger is near? So many questions...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am not a jump to PC agenda type guy. I don’t have an issue with mixing things up. That being said this feels preachy even to me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Half the fun was hating on the girley-man Dr. Smith. Originally he was to be written out the show but he hammed it up so much that he was kept on.

I read the thread title as 'Lost in Space Robot Coming to a City Near You'. Frown

I personally liked the earlier episodes of the show where Dr Smith was more of an evil villain kind of character. Once he became silly and screaming all of the time, it just became much less interesting to me

cc

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Here's the cast, Parker Posey is playing Dr Smith, and Ignacio Serricchio is Don West.

Cast and synopsis

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
This is getting ridiculous. I'm so sick of all these remakes. There's no way in hell they can get me to watch this...

quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Parker Posey is Dr. Smith.

I'm in! Now we're talking! Big Grin

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
I will say the young lady playing Penny looks a lot like Molly Parker. I really could buy them being Mother/Daughter.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post