SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lost In Space Reboot coming to Netflix
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost In Space Reboot coming to Netflix Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

maybe,

but I'll watch the first few episodes and go from there

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, I'm not "yawning" at the concept, but the trailer was terrible.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/G5uau5sNtDI

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don La Fontain needs to be the voice of the robot,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJMGS7l0wT8

or mike rowe , either or

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We shall see.

TBH: Neither my wife nor I have seen a NF-original series yet that we've remained interested in past maybe a half-dozen episodes, save Ozark.

Coupled with their losing more-and-more non-NF content, it could be their days are numbered in the ensigmatic household.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I like it so far, but I'm easily entertained. Obviously some changes from the original, especially concerning the robot. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Well I can't say I'd watch this one on purpose...

I'm still waiting on the remake of Blazin' Saddles ! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched the first 2-1/2 episodes and meh. Of course Mom is anti weapons and the women are all empowered, Dr Smith a women I'll try a couple more to see if it gets better.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Now I’m even more confused- Penny now a dirty blond, Judy black, no Dr. Smith or Don in evidence

They were on the other crashed ship. It appears that Don is the mechanic.

They are really using the flashbacks to explain the history. I wish they had started a bit earlier, and then used fewer flashbacks.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I tried to watch it, I really did. About 20 minutes into the first episode, my gag reflex overpowered my determination and I opened a can of paint to watch it dry.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
I like Penny, she’s cute and funny.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
Parker Posey does a creepy Dr. Smith.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DubiousDan:
Parker Posey does a creepy Dr. Smith.

Yes, indeed. In fact, I think the series could have been better with a little less than her.

Interesting fact - the actor for Dr. Smith on the original series was Jonathan Harris. Parker Posey's REAL character is named June Harris.

Also noted earlier, Judy does look a bit different from the rest of the family. They explained her as being born prior to John Robinson coming into the picture.

I finished the season. I'm hoping that they will reduce the amount of Dr. Smith talking in any new seasons.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Now I’m even more confused- Penny now a dirty blond, Judy black, no Dr. Smith or Don in evidence...

quote:
Originally posted by cazio:
I just watched the first 2-1/2 episodes and meh. Of course Mom is anti weapons and the women are all empowered, Dr Smith a women ...

With this information I'm going to pass.

I think we may have the movie on DVD. It was also just "meh." I'm thinking of culling the DVD library of everything we've watched only once, with no intention of ever watching again. This one, if we have it, will definitely be On The List.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I liked it. Found it entertaining, liked the premise, the tech, the eye candy. I want one of those Chariots. LOL I don't mind Judy being black. Penny looks more auburn than dirty blonde. I like West's and Penny's banter.

Regarding June Harris, wasn't one of the original actresses June Lockhart? That'd be a nice match with Jonathan Harris.

I am kinda confused.....she faked being a psychologist, said she was actually a physicist, her sister said she was a criminal. Did we ever actually learn what she was? Besides a sociopath I mean. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
3 episodes in and will hang with it a while,

missed the part about Judy being from a previous relationship

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I am really enjoying the first few episodes so far!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Spoiler alert.
quote:
Parker Posey is Dr. Smith.

No, she just stole his ID. Bill Mumy played Dr. Smith in the first episode.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Spoiler alert.
quote:
Parker Posey is Dr. Smith.

No, she just stole his ID. Bill Mumy played Dr. Smith in the first episode.

I thought that guy looked familiar

posted Hide Post
I found it pretty disappointing. I liked the Leblanc Movie but this series is a bit too contrived. Most of the characters are just obnoxious and annoying and the situations of peril are too contrived even for Sci-Fi.

I thought Altered Carbon was very good, especially for a Netflix series. I had high hopes for Lost in Space but it flopped for me......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post