New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eddie Rabbitt Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
Just a slow night. Eddie Rabbitt popped up on my playlist. Brought me back to a better time..."Ooooh I'm Driving My Life Away"....after delivering pizzas I drove my 1976 CJ5 everywhere!

So I'm gonna add a little bit. I was sent to Hood once and on my trip back I ended up at a bar in Austin. No I don't know the name. It turned out to be the bar Janis Joplin sang at. I got poured into the ride back to my hotel and I definitely picked up a double bloody Mary before I landed in Palm Springs at my stopover in Phoenix...but when the duty drove me home to the Two Nine I thought "that was a good song"....so here it is.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I remember Eddie. Liked his stuff.

Passed a few years ago, as I recall.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Did a song about a dancing pizza man back where I'm from

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I was a big fan of Eddie Rabbit. Always liked Step by Step

And Janis had her place, but I prefer Kris's version of his song.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Driving my Life Away was always a favorite as was

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/mMZ4amjbqhU

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Did a song about a dancing pizza man back where I'm from

Tullahoma?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere, that he loves rainy nights

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I'm gonna add a little bit. I was sent to Hood once and on my trip back I ended up at a bar in Austin. No I don't know the name. It turned out to be the bar Janis Joplin sang at. I got poured into the ride back to my hotel and I definitely picked up a double bloody Mary before I landed in Palm Springs at my stopover in Phoenix...but when the duty drove me home to the Two Nine I thought "that was a good song"....so here it is.

^^ mbinky ^^
You were there?
That had to be epic! Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
those that chose E. Rabbit also liked:
John M. Montgomery

and Sold ! Grundy county auction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...t=RD8Q_z9cnv09o&t=24

and Diamond Rio
Norma jean Riley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d51-6TXnwKk

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The first time I every stayed up till sunrise, quite by accident, I was 13 or 14 and all that night saw spent with an 8 track tape of Eddie Rabbitt playing... because that's all we had. Big Grin
I don't know that I was a fan at the time, but I enjoy him now when I hear him and he always reminds me of that odd night. (especially this second song)

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post