Find
Notify
Tools

Aaand....Yoda Login/Join 
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted
How come others of Yoda's race, in Star Wars sequels, see we do not? Jedi he is, but creature he is what? Curious I am....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
It has been explained in some of the Star Wars canon that the human race (somewhat new to the galaxy) has been outstripping other races in birthrate for millennia. But humans do not live nearly as long as some of the older races. The older the race, the longer they live, but also the lower their birth rate. Therefore the so-called alien races are beginning to thin out.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There's at least one other member of his race seen in "The Phantom Menace". This character is named Yaddle. Like Yoda, she's also a member of the Jedi Council.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yaddle/Legends

There have been other members of this race featured in various other works (comics/books/video games/etc.) in the Star Wars Universe.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, there is a family portrait.

Might explain the origin of the species...

Frog ----- Pig
... \ ....... /
...... Yoda

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
When 900 years old you are, get as busy with the ladies you will not hhmmm?

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I had an uncle that could almost pass for Yoda (except the ears)...same puffy eyes and fucked up speech pattern...he was really never ever sober...cue up "go home Yoda...you're drunk" and that was my uncle Glen...

It's obvious...Yoda is pretty much the last of his race...the others just drank themselves to death...his liver was stronger.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Isn't the bartender / club owner from The Force Awakens where Rae finds Luke's lightsaber the same critter?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45334 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post