SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone watching The OA?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: parabellum

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anyone watching The OA? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInWV
posted
I am not sure why, but I am loving this series. It kinda reminds me of The Fountain.

I also think I'm falling in love with Brit Marling. I'd like to spend a day or so hanging out with her and seeing how she thinks. Apparently she's behind this show and some other 'quirky' sci-fi.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot

Posts: 14676 | Location: Cross Lanes, WV | Registered: February 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Well bugger me I just saw an advert for that.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG
Dan Wesson CBOB .45
Dan Wesson VALOR .45

Wife and a 7 year old rescue Chocolate Labrador.

Posts: 1862 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Yea, I watched the series over the past couple days. I think it's pretty good.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3580 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Report This Post
Picture of AllenInWV
posted Hide Post
I binge watched it yesterday. I was enthralled.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot

Posts: 14676 | Location: Cross Lanes, WV | Registered: February 05, 2004Report This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I watched it all in one sitting. It was great until the final episode.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4076 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Report This Post
Picture of AllenInWV
posted Hide Post
That did seem kinda weird. And left the whole story open. LOL Was the story she told the Breakfast Club true? At the very least, she WAS having premonitions.

I really wanna know if that was Braille on "Fate's" face, and if so, what did it say??

- Jim Elliot

Picture of siggers
posted Hide Post
Since I'm officially on Christmas vacation, I thought I would stay up late and binge watch this show. I really liked it until about the 6th episode and then it just got dumb. I ended up going to bed at 4:00 this morning confused and asking myself WTF did I just watch. It was a very weird show and I have questions.

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

Posts: 668 | Registered: December 09, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just started it. I don't have an opinion at this point, but I am being drawn in. I will give it a couple more episodes.

Picture of AllenInWV
posted Hide Post
I'll try not to post any spoilers.

There are some interesting Reddit threads/posts that answered some of my questions, siggers. Some of it addressed things I'd noticed and not given any significance to, or things that didn't make a lot of sense.

- Jim Elliot

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Just started. Interesting so far. Not sure where it's all going.

Posts: 14024 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
The wife watched it and liked it.

I saw the first episode and second half of the last episode. I saw the whole story.

Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.

Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

Some people listen to the noise of the world,
And some people listen to the quiet.

Posts: 8422 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The wife and I just finished it. I'm a little.stumped!

Beth Greene

Posts: 6732 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Report This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I didn't even finish the first episode. Just could not get into it. Will try again on another day, maybe I was tired.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
We binge watched it. Thought it was fantastic.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 7250 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the first two episodes earlier this evening and couldn't get into it. Don't think I'll be watching the rest.

Too bad though. I like a lot of stuff Jason Isaacs has been in.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2868 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:
I watched the first two episodes earlier this evening and couldn't get into it. Don't think I'll be watching the rest.

Watch the second half of the last episode.

Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.

Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

Some people listen to the noise of the world,
And some people listen to the quiet.

Posts: 8422 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Very strange show, I watched it all and still don't really under stand what happened.

Was she lying? Was there something mystical about it or was it just simply that the kids distracted the guy at the end with simple bravery?

Posts: 4273 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Report This Post
Picture of AllenInWV
posted Hide Post
I don't think the kids distracting the gunman was mystical. But she did not put those scars on her back herself. And she did foresee certain events.

- Jim Elliot

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:

Watch the second half of the last episode.

Did this. Well, watched the whole episode. Gotta say I'm satisfied I didn't watch the rest of the episodes.

And when they first started doing that "dance" I about fell out of my chair laughing. I'm sure in the episodes I missed it explained it and it's really serious and everything, but having not seen them, it was completely humorous.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2868 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Couldn't stop watching it. Yeah, I liked it. Still not sure what it is about...

Posts: 5717 | Location: Riverton , Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post