SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Soo food for thought. Blade Runner takes place in 2019.......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Soo food for thought. Blade Runner takes place in 2019....... Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Where is my goddamn flying car!!!!!

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Forget the flying cars. I want to know where the spacecraft and off-world colonies are!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forget the flying cars, spacecraft and off-world colonies...I'd settle for a Pleasure Model:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I do have my umbrella with a glowing handle.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where's my semi auto bolt action pistol? I'd rather my pleasure model wasn't super strong and could snap my neck if she got a little upset.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I'd rather my pleasure model wasn't super strong and could snap my neck if she got a little upset.

The danger just makes it more exciting.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I bought a book for my friend a few years ago called Where's My Jetpack?. I thought it was pretty cool. It tells why certain sci-fi depictions haven't come to be yet, like flying cars, neon spandex suits, transporters, conveyor belt sidewalks, et al.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
...I'd rather my pleasure model wasn't super strong and could snap my neck if she got a little upset.

well, Rachael was pretty hot, too, and had an indefinite lifespan.

Of course, that could be a drawback, as I think about it...

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Forget the flying cars, spacecraft and off-world colonies...I'd settle for a Pleasure Model:

Hah, that’s the only thing that’s come true. Big Grin

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/...estors-to-go-global/

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
*snip*
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
I bought a book for my friend a few years ago called Where's My Jetpack?.

Thanks I needed a suggestion for my next read. Smile

As for the OP, I think it was 2005 when I posted "Where the hell is my flying car?!"
Pretty sure we'll never get to that lil dream.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

And argubly Running Man matches reality the closest.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting for my flying car since I was a kid. Mechanics Illustrated has been promising them since the '30s. "Jetsons?"

I'm beginning to to lose hope.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Where is my goddamn flying car!!!!!

Dont think any customer deliveries have occurred yet, but:
https://terrafugia.com/transition/

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post