SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I know where I can lay my hands on a German E-boat in perfect condition. Only one careful owner.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I know where I can lay my hands on a German E-boat in perfect condition. Only one careful owner. Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
Say the word, I'll pop over to Rhodes and get it.

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're in it now, up to your neck!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
He's from Crete. Those people don't make idle threats.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I've written here before that my Uncle John was a Gunner's Mate on a PT Boat in WWII, and he served in the Mediterranean. He told me this story.

One dark night they are on patrol along the coast of Corsica. They were essentially just idling along in blackout mode, when they struck something. They flipped on their searchlight, and at the same time the object they struck--a German E-boat, flipped on their light. Both boats went reverse engines to the stops, backed away from each other, and neither fired a shot.

The PT boat went into hunter mode and went looking for the E-boat, and my uncle assumed the Germans were looking for them too, but they never saw each other again that night.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know where I can lay my hands on a German E-boat in perfect condition. Only one careful owner. Say the word, I'll pop over to Rhodes and get it.

Won't the Germans have something to say about that?

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I suppose they would if they knew, but I've got some good connections there.
What do you say?

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post