SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    We all came out to Montreux
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We all came out to Montreux Login/Join 
posted
Wasn't that big into heavier metal rock 'n roll, but this is evergreen.....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the Lake Geneva shoreline....

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To make records with a mobile

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
But some stupid with a flare gun
Burned the place to the ground

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frank Zappa and the Mothers, had the best place around.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
We are a bit out of order here but

Smoke on the water, fire in the sky
Smoke on the water

This was a great song from a great album, I've followed DP for 49 years now and still an old favorite band. Their music did not begin and end with Machine Head.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I heard it too many times... Frown

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I heard it too many times... Frown

I agree with this.

I never owned Machine Head, but have and enjoy Made in Japan....and others.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love that song.

Their lead guitarist now, is from Ohio.
When I went to see Kansas the band, he was playing lead with them.
Steve Morse is a great guitarist as well as a great musician.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I went to look up "Iconic Rock Riff" in Webster's . . . was just a pic of Ritchie Blackmore on his Strat, bathed in purple stage light, about to plow into SOTW . . . .

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Every garage band of my generation has created some horrifying rendition of this tune, to the point that the song lost all meaning or enjoyment.

My garage band played it. We we were a Bad Company cover band, we thought: Bad Mayonnaise

It's a long story.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duke of Detroit
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, the best version of Smoke on the water was on the album Made in Japan. Ian Paice is one of the best rock drummers. Deep purple is one of the best bands from that era.

Made in Japan version

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas

Posts: 1047 | Location: Detroit, MICHIGAN | Registered: May 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This song, along with You Really Got Me and Train Kept A Rollin' were the first songs my little hobby garage band learned and played. It did not sound that great with our shitty three-piece. Thank God punk came along and we switched to The Ramones and Sex Pistols, we sounded a little better Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Every garage band of my generation has created some horrifying rendition of this tune, to the point that the song lost all meaning or enjoyment.

My garage band played it. We we were a Bad Company cover band, we thought: Bad Mayonnaise

It's a long story.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post