Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aquaman Movie Login/Join 
Picture of dgrdvm
posted
We went and saw the new Aquaman movie. Not bad really. Not as dark as most DC titles, great action, though requires a fair amount of suspension of belief ( but hey, it is a comic book movie so I guess that should go with out saying, but you know people will go on about the tech and the physics, blah blah etc). Jason Mamoa is pretty fun to watch, and the villain gets whooped, but of course not quite killed, so there is the sequel set up. Bit long I thought, but good on the whole.

Not sure if DC is going to flesh out the rest of the Justice League with a Flash or Cyborg movie, or just let the JL train roll on.

Any whoo, just my thoughts.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Uh.

The movie was terrible. The writing was so terribly bad.

Go watch the Spiderman movie instead.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I went under duress. I figure fair is fair. She gets Mamoa I get Galdot lol.

I thought it ok. Typical DC fare!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Uh.

Spider-Man movie was good too, though the music was not my taste. I do admit to being pretty easily amused so it’s tough for a movie to suck in my eyes as long as I am not bored.
And the bar for a comic book movie is likely even lower. Not expecting Elmore Leonard type writing, but I guess I am just an easy grader

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Uh.

Figured. Will wait for disc. Just got Venom on disc from Netflix and it was good at home on the big screen. I’m sure Aquaman will be better at home too.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Who is th redhead? Cute from the trailers.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Amber Heard

Saw it Saturday, thought it was 'meh'. Lots of eye candy, but otherwise unremarkable.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to some movie where soccer moms are watching seaman splashing everywhere.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Apparently the director was going for 80s flavor and check-your-brain. I hope so. The darker turn DC has been attempting is so dumb.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I'm not going to some movie where soccer moms are watching seaman splashing everywhere.

Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I asked my son if he wanted to see this and he said no because Aquaman is the Jar Jar Binks of DC

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Aquaman is exactly like Black Panther; except it's in water, and it's terrible.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I asked my son if he wanted to see this and he said no because Aquaman is the Jar Jar Binks of DC

Big Grin

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

They're just looking for the codpiece.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't believe I spent my evening last night watching this, thankfully it wasn't my money but a gift card...
If this was supposed to be a re-boot of the DC-characters, they've got a lot of work to do.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I went with wife last night because she wanted to see Aquaman and boy did it suck. Later she even agreed it was not that good. At least we only paid $4.50 each for tickets and popcorn was good. Bad script, bad acting, little to keep interest, and too long LOL. Best parts were very beginning and very end.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Watched this last week and because it was DC, I didn't have high expectations for it and it was exactly as expected. A check your brain at the door and enjoy the visual feast movie.

I agree that it wasn't the greatest movie, but fun enough if you wanted to kill some time.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
This is disappointing to hear. How could you F up Aquaman? It should write itself. I'll probably still watch it when it's out on DVD

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
You guys are tough critics... or maybe I'm a sucker. But I thought it was great. I thought Jason Mamoa was the perfect cast for Aquaman.

I grew up on Justice league & Marvel cartoons. I was entertained the whole time. It's about freaking Atlantis people. This is not Shakespeare.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post