Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aquaman Movie Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Much better than batdork and superdude, not quite as good as wonderchick

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I thought it was great. It doesn't take itself too seriously, while at the same not trying to seem like it doesn't take itself too seriously.

I was skeptical because, well...it's Aquaman. But I really pleasantly surprised.

I read today that it's coming up on the 1bil mark, I think it's at around 950 million dollars now.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Uh.

The movie was terrible. The writing was so terribly bad.

Go watch the Spiderman movie instead.
Lols Spiderman ? Spiderman has been nonsense since tobey maguire. They Aquaman movie is dope. Go see it Y'all.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xwesler:
My wife and I thought it was great. It doesn't take itself too seriously, while at the same not trying to seem like it doesn't take itself too seriously.

I was skeptical because, well...it's Aquaman. But I really pleasantly surprised.

I read today that it's coming up on the 1bil mark, I think it's at around 950 million dollars now.
Yes indeed, Sold more than Batman VS Superman.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Uh.

The movie was terrible. The writing was so terribly bad.

Go watch the Spiderman movie instead.

I'm with you. We went with family. Had it just been me and my wife, I would have walked out. Absolutely horrible screenwriting. I've never seen exposition that bad before, might as well of had a narrator to spoon feed you the story and background. It was like someone gave two twelve year olds a hundred million dollars and told them to make a movie.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aquaman was my least favorite superhero growing up so I will wait for cable. Watching the trailers it looks like just way too much CGI which I know you need but WOW. DC messed up my favorite Superhero, Green Lantern, which difficult considering they had Ryan Rynolnolds who was so good as Deadpool.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I got this last week on a 3D BD and I liked it. Sure it is corny and bloated but the action scenes and special effects were great. Aquaman was one bad muthafuka. And the two main women were bad-ass also.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly, I liked it. Mamoa did a good job as a likeable character and a force to be reckoned with on screen. He actually made Aquaman a tough guy not just some dude who talks with fish.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
People seem to hate on the movie but damn it made a lot of money.

I liked it and thought the underwater world was awesome. I enjoyed it.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I dug it for what it was. A cartoon brought to life. Most of the characters were likable and Momoa owns Aquaman.

My two biggest complaints and really these are just shut up and turn your brain off things were....

-There is NO WAY the modern surface world wouldn’t be aware of the massive kingdoms under the surface with all there movement, tech etc.

-The fact that EVERY exposition between two characters goes like this.
“Blah blah blah”
“Blah blah yes blah”
“But blah...”BIGFUCKINGEXPLOSION!!!!!!

“WTF WAS THAT!”

Other than that an enjoyable cartoon.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I thought Jason Mamoa was the perfect cast for Aquaman.

Momoa was good and Kidman was AMAZING. Other than that, I hated it. It was too much cgi. I felt like I was watching a Lucas star wars prequel.

Momoa portrayed Aquaman well. It was one of the saving graces of the movie. Most people (IMO) hate Aquaman because of the cheesy Superfriends show, when NOBODY was allowed any physical violence. So, WW lasoed people. Supes punched asteroids. Batman did detective stuff (Hey, DC - remember that Bats is a detective? I didn't think so.). So, all he could do is talk to fish.

He was portrayed very well in the animated universe, especially in Justice League Unlimited.

This one was a waste of my time. My nephew brought home the redbox. He and my wife liked it, tho. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to this one, and I thought it was weak. I haven't really enjoyed any of the DC movies. I thought the story was a bit blah. He is a good Aquaman, but Amber Heard cant act.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post