SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Last Jedi Teaser
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Jedi Teaser Login/Join 
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
quote:
My interpretation of the last line is that the force seeks balance, and that to get rid of the the darkness, the Jedi must end.

So we're going to get Harry Potter in space?

Man I hope not! Cuz Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side....

And I somehow don't think Disney is ready to kill off the Jedi (and the franchise) after just pluncking down billions of dollars. I'm thinking they want this goose to keep laying eggs for a long, long time.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The Jedi aren't going away. They will either evolve, or he will change his mind, or he will be killed and Rey will take over.

Jedi and Sith will be around for a long time to come. Although there is no evidence that Snoke and Kylo are Sith at all.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
To say Disney 'played it safe' w/ Ep 7: TFA is putting it mildly. As PASig posted, TFA was a mashup of Star Wars greatest hits. People knock The Fast and the Furious franchise for being low brow, formulaic, and repetitive. By contrast, are Star Wars fan boys much harder to please?

I was let down by TFA. Rogue One breathed some new life into the series, but everyone died. I am pessimistic about Ep 8: TLJ, b/c it looks like more mashup and recycling.

This doesn't come as a surprise, as Disney has a long history of recycling plots and animation in their animated films.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
For all the people complaining that TFA was simply a rehash of ANH, I found this post on one of the star wars Facebook pages pretty much spot-on:

"So, Leia is captured after loading secret information into a droid. Then Han, who has been living his entire life as a drone of the Empire, releases her and steals a ship. They crash on Tatooine, where they are separated.
Han meets Luke, a desert urchin who pilots the Falcon away from an Imperial attack. In space, they are captured by Obi-Wan, who is hauling Sand People. Greedo and Jabba show up, and Han/Luke release the Sand People to save Obi-Wan.
They flee in the Falcon to Yoda's palace on Dagobah, where Han tries to ditch the Rebellion before Vader attacks Dagobah and kidnaps Luke. Han and Obi-Wan fly to Yavin IV, where they meet Mon Mothma. With the Death Star plans, they prepare to destroy the station by infiltrating it so that Leia and the other fighter pilots can destroy the station.
On the station, Obi-Wan is furious to discover that Han lied and only wants to rescue Luke. In a hilarious turn of events, Luke has already escaped from Vader's clutches after they had a heart-to-heart talk without Vader's mask on. After they meet up, Vader kills Obi-Wan, Chewie shuts down the shields, Leia does a trench run to destroy the station, and then there are two lightsaber fights: Vader kicks Han's ass, then Luke beats Vader.
Is that how you remember A New Hope? Because if not, then their plots aren't the same and you need to give up that circlejerk."

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
... (as opposed to 86ing the Jedi brand entirely).

Don't you mean 66ing? Wink

Big Grin

JJ, Please don't Prequel the Sequels!

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
JJ is not involved with episode 8

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
He's executive producer, so he still has an ability to ruin it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
For all the people complaining that TFA was simply a rehash of ANH, I found this post on one of the star wars Facebook pages pretty much spot-on:

"So, Leia is captured after loading secret information into a droid. Then Han, who has been living his entire life as a drone of the Empire, releases her and steals a ship. They crash on Tatooine, where they are separated.
Han meets Luke, a desert urchin who pilots the Falcon away from an Imperial attack. In space, they are captured by Obi-Wan, who is hauling Sand People. Greedo and Jabba show up, and Han/Luke release the Sand People to save Obi-Wan.
They flee in the Falcon to Yoda's palace on Dagobah, where Han tries to ditch the Rebellion before Vader attacks Dagobah and kidnaps Luke. Han and Obi-Wan fly to Yavin IV, where they meet Mon Mothma. With the Death Star plans, they prepare to destroy the station by infiltrating it so that Leia and the other fighter pilots can destroy the station.
On the station, Obi-Wan is furious to discover that Han lied and only wants to rescue Luke. In a hilarious turn of events, Luke has already escaped from Vader's clutches after they had a heart-to-heart talk without Vader's mask on. After they meet up, Vader kills Obi-Wan, Chewie shuts down the shields, Leia does a trench run to destroy the station, and then there are two lightsaber fights: Vader kicks Han's ass, then Luke beats Vader.
Is that how you remember A New Hope? Because if not, then their plots aren't the same and you need to give up that circlejerk."

Word.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:

Oh Sweet Christmas. You did NOT just go there with "phaser" did you? Roll Eyes

"Phaser" is easier to say and type "Blaster Pistol."

I didn't think it was that big of an issue. . . (but I've been more of a Treknerd than a Star Wars fan).

No hard feelings, just felt the need to make sure the two "Star"s were kept in their separate universes. Each is wonderful in their proper place.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

Oh Sweet Christmas. You did NOT just go there with "phaser" did you? Roll Eyes

"Phaser" is easier to say and type "Blaster Pistol."

I didn't think it was that big of an issue. . . (but I've been more of a Treknerd than a Star Wars fan).

No hard feelings, just felt the need to make sure the two "Star"s were kept in their separate universes. Each is wonderful in their proper place.

Except I think the Falcon is in First Contact iirc.

Google

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd...in+star+trek&spf=342

Wink

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
And the Enterprise-E is in The Phantom Menace.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

I did not know that. Frown

They need to understand the film needs to be a great film independently of the franchise.
Dr. Strange was a great film, even if you aren't a superho nut or comic book person.

Disney is just churning out shit left and right to repay what they spent and get to the profits.
They are a heavy outsourcer/offshorer of American jobs as well.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
1 month....

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

I did not know that. Frown

They need to understand the film needs to be a great film independently of the franchise.
Dr. Strange was a great film, even if you aren't a superho nut or comic book person.

Disney is just churning out shit left and right to repay what they spent and get to the profits.
They are a heavy outsourcer/offshorer of American jobs as well.

... Disney has already made back its $4 billion from buying Star Wars, it's all gravy from here.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
1 month....

Already got my seats, 3D Imax with my son

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rekstrom:
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
quote:
My interpretation of the last line is that the force seeks balance, and that to get rid of the the darkness, the Jedi must end.

So we're going to get Harry Potter in space?

Man I hope not! Cuz Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side....

And I somehow don't think Disney is ready to kill off the Jedi (and the franchise) after just pluncking down billions of dollars. I'm thinking they want this goose to keep laying eggs for a long, long time.

Watch this fan film, you will probably like it:

The Jedi Code:

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post