SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Last Jedi Teaser
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Jedi Teaser Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
not necessarily a reboot of the movies, but it did basically do away with all the canon from the books.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
My reaction to The Last Jedi trailer was to ask my son when the Han Solo movie comes out...

Loved Rogue One, really didn't like New Hope Mk 2.

And if they ever blow up the Falcon, I'm done.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
That trail is was a bit meh for me.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am geeked for it.

My guess is Luke has figured out what Yoda did, the Jedi are stuck in their ways, and need to evolve with the times. The old ways failed, and gave rise to Dooku, Vader, and Kylo Ren.

Ill bet episode 9 will be the New Jedi Order or some such

I love Star Wars, but I hope soon they get into some new stories, or Old Republic stuff. I enjoyed Rogue One because it was new characters.

They had to play it safe with episode 7, it had to bridge the gap and wash the taste of the prequels from the mouths. Now they can do what they want

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
If it's a reboot, explain the sequential assignment of an episode number.

Look, we all know J.J. Abrams is an unoriginal bastard who needs to copy or reimagine previous works in order to produce a new movie; however, just because you are hung up on that issue doesn't make it a reboot.

I'm not "hung up" on it, and it really seems that mirror don't work over yonder too well. Wink

That's what I call it, a reboot, of the franchise. Same "damn" story Big Grin
Ryanp225's plot points are a spotless mirror. I could quote every sentence but what's the point?
Me calling it a reboot, I wouldn't get "hung up" on it Wink

Sorry didn't mean to break up y'alls Star Wars party. I'm optimistic this deal will be heaps better than the reboot. This director did Looper and maybe we'll actually get a new story.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
My interpretation of the last line is that the force seeks balance, and that to get rid of the the darkness, the Jedi must end.

Basically, the Jedi caused all this crap in the first place.

I hope this doesn't get into the 'balance of the force' BS like they did in the prequels. Some claimed that, before Qui-Gon's meddling with 'little ani,' there were dozens/hundreds of Jedi and 2 Sith. AFTERWARDS, there were 2 Jedi (Obi-wan and Yoda) and 2 Sith (Vader/Emperor). Hence, balance. Roll Eyes

Of course, there are always lines/scenes in teasers/trailers that don't make it into the movies (like Jyn drawing a phaser and facing a TIE Fighter on the comm array catwalk in Rogue, or the big "There has been an awakening/Have you felt it" dialog in Ep7).

Oh Sweet Christmas. You did NOT just go there with "phaser" did you? Roll Eyes

But on to topic: I'm all in.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1952 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Anakin was indeed the chosen one. He brought balance, not just because of the numbers of two Jedi and two Sith, but he killed the last of the Sith, and the last Jedi were dead. There was just Luke now. One guy, with parts of the dark and the light inside him. Luke was the balance, a new beginning, a chance to correct the ways of the Jedi, that's why Obi Wan and Yoda didn't train him from birth. Their way was obsolete and they knew it.

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
It's Star Wars, so yeah, I'll be ready to see it next winter.

I liked Rogue One better than Force Awakens. For me it has to do with darkness of story. Empire is still the best imho, but Rogue was wonderfully dark on it's own, and the last ten minutes of the film was spot freakin' ON.

I cringed when I heard the last line in the Last Jedi Teaser as I imagined the heart being torn out of many a jedi fanboy.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:

Oh Sweet Christmas. You did NOT just go there with "phaser" did you? Roll Eyes

"Phaser" is easier to say and type "Blaster Pistol."

I didn't think it was that big of an issue. . . (but I've been more of a Treknerd than a Star Wars fan).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Here's what I got from the trailer:

Light
Dark
Balance
It is so much bigger
Time for the Jedi to end

So the movies have gone from lots of Jedi, to a few, to a couple, to one, and now none.

If true, Star Wars ends with episode 8. It's the end of the good triumphs over evil storyline. Disney will put out more Rogue One movies where people can be either and do whatever it takes to accomplish their goals.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Relax... There is no way they are killing the Jedi off

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Although my forum tag is a Star Wars reference, I think I am outgrowing the whole thing.

What makes me think that?
I waited until Rogue One was on DirecTV because I wasn't stoked enough to go see it in the theater, and then used fast forward a lot just to get through it.
To me the only worthwhile character was the droid.

Sigh...time is taking things from me faster and faster it seems.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Agreed. Jedi are too popular.

Luke is old, bitter, disallusioned, and has lost hope. He literally ran away. From everything and everybody.

Rey (and her youthful spirit) will remind Luke of the good in the world, and he will find the idealism from his youth (when he yearned to leave the farm and get in the fight).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
If it's a reboot, explain the sequential assignment of an episode number.

Look, we all know J.J. Abrams is an unoriginal bastard who needs to copy or reimagine previous works in order to produce a new movie; however, just because you are hung up on that issue doesn't make it a reboot.

I'm not "hung up" on it, and it really seems that mirror don't work over yonder too well. Wink

That's what I call it, a reboot, of the franchise. Same "damn" story Big Grin
Ryanp225's plot points are a spotless mirror. I could quote every sentence but what's the point?
Me calling it a reboot, I wouldn't get "hung up" on it Wink

Sorry didn't mean to break up y'alls Star Wars party. I'm optimistic this deal will be heaps better than the reboot. This director did Looper and maybe we'll actually get a new story.

I'd say it was a revival of the franchise, over a reboot.

I'm looking forward to it. I think the whole Jedi ending line can have a ton of different interpretations, and was mentioned earlier can be entirely different depending on when it's said in the movie. If it's at the start, he'll likely come around by the end. If it's the end, totally different direction.

You have Snoke and Kylo Ren on one side, and Luke and Rey on the other at the moment....and I'm really looking forward to some more info on Snoke.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

Reminds me of a line from the Family Guy "Empire Strikes Back". Lois was upset over flying around the asteroid field, stated they would be killed, and Peter replied "We've got four of the five main characters on this ship. We'll be fine".

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Most likely Luke, like always, is being a whiny bitch. He screwed the pooch in training the new Jedi so he ran away and hid. Time after time over history fallen Jedi have caused wars, failed to act, etc. He has come the conclusion it has to stop. Rey will be the first of the new Jedi Order, like Luke was supposed to be. He may come out of his funk in this one, or maybe not until episode 9.

Perhaps they will finally explore the Gray Jedi. And I don't think she is related to Luke, but Kylo definitely knows who she is, and is probably the one who dumped her on Jakku

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
My interpretation of the last line is that the force seeks balance, and that to get rid of the the darkness, the Jedi must end.

Basically, the Jedi caused all this crap in the first place.

This idea of going "grey" has been kicked around in the EU for a while.

I'm not sure the Jedi caused the original light/dark split--I'm not that familiar with the way-way-back, I thought the Jedi and Sith split mutually?

As soon as the EU started introducing force monks (not talking about Donnie Yen's character) and force witches, it was pretty much inevitable that there would be some sort of force Universalism.

I don't think Lucas or Disney wants to kill off the Jedi name, but I think Rey will convince Luke that a new kind of "Jedi" can exist that embraces the Force more holistically (as opposed to 86ing the Jedi brand entirely).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
... (as opposed to 86ing the Jedi brand entirely).

Don't you mean 66ing? Wink

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

Agreed. Jedi are too popular.

Luke is old, bitter, disallusioned, and has lost hope. He literally ran away. From everything and everybody.

Rey (and her youthful spirit) will remind Luke of the good in the world, and he will find the idealism from his youth (when he yearned to leave the farm and get in the fight).

I'll take that bet.

Disney is an enemy of all that is good in the world, and will use any vehicle to push their agenda.

Of course, I will still see it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Even if Luke gives his sardonic line at the end of the episode, there's still another epi in the series. The Jedi have made a return once before. And it would be just like Disney to follow the formula.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post