SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix, The Travellers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix, The Travellers Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted
show dates to 2016 , apparently runs 3 seasons,

Eric Mcsomebody ,(Will from Will & Grace) is the lead actor,

basically the Earth is in bad shape several hundred years in the future and a way has been found to transport people from then, to now, but only the Conscious, not the body,
so they take over people that are going to die seconds before they do,
and are trying to save the future world,

interesting so far (just finished the first season)

happens in the PNW, and has some actors from Stargate in it (the hot Dr and Amanda Tapping)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Solid show. Like many, it starts to "wander" after Season 1 and weakens a bit, but still a good watch. My wife and I enjoyed it.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
The part I found cool/funny was that they had to research their "target bodies" on whatever records remained, so they missed out on things like "This guy is a junkie". Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

happens in the PNW, and has some actors from Stargate in it (the hot Dr )

That's ambiguous since there were two hot doctors in Stargate.
So to clarify....
Teryl Rothery is in it - not Jewel Staite

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

happens in the PNW, and has some actors from Stargate in it (the hot Dr )

That's ambiguous since there were two hot doctors in Stargate.
So to clarify....
Teryl Rothery is in it - not Jewel Staite

never watched Atlantis, so I forgot about Jewel,

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I am currently rewatching this series. Its a twist on time travel that's fresh. It's really creepy the way they send messages back however.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the series a lot. I watched it a while back. It's been a while since I've seen it so I started rewatching it recently. Good show.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
finished it up last night ,

last episode was good, and seemed to wrap it up well,

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Found it. Added to list.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Finally started watching this. I've binged to S3 now.

It's pretty good - I enjoyed watching it. It's somewhat mild; it doesn't have an overly serious, intense tone but doesn't come across as simplistic either. One does have to avoid thinking too hard about the mechanics and such; just believe in certain things as possible at face value.

I think I like the Trevor character the most. Seems well balanced and the least baggage.

While I don't think I'm aligned with the methods of the Fanatics, I have some initial conflicts between what they belief and the Director. Maybe that will clear up with the final episodes. One thing I don't get is that if Helios was successfully diverted, what complaint do the Fanatics have - the Director was successful.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched it shortly after it first showed up on Netflix. I thought it was great. I may run through it again.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I enjoyed the series. Per usual, it got somewhat less coherent and entertaining with passing seasons, but remained a good watch.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post