SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TCM “B” grade horror flicks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TCM “B” grade horror flicks Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted
TCM has been running a grouping of “nuclear radiation messsing with the environment” movies. Earlier it showed “Them” (giant ants); the original 1954 Japanese “Godzilla” (with English subtitles); and now the beautiful Allison Hayes is going to stomp around Southern California in the best movie of her less than stellar career.
Eek

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why are those men running away on the highway? Just stand in that shade and enjoy the overhead view.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Hope they'll have room for

"What, behind the rabbit?" Smile

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I checked out Forbidden Planet for the first time when it was on recently. Half decent and funny even when it was trying to be serious...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Forbidden Planet is most certainly not a B-grade film. It's a big-budget MGM production and it is significant film in the SciFi canon. The first all-electronic musical score, courtesy of the Barrons, and it has Robby the Robot and great set design as well.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
I checked out Forbidden Planet for the first time when it was on recently. Half decent and funny even when it was trying to be serious...

Is this serious? Confused

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forbidden Planet is one of my favorite sci fi films. It’s definitely not B grade.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Although the ants look slightly cheesy, I don't personally consider Them! to be a B-grade movie.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Well, I am in pursuit of Vincent Price filmography. After watching House of Terrors I am on the scout for Champagne for Ceaser, and Dr Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine. Sex Kittens go to College is on the list too. Cain't ILL that one I'm sure.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I wasn't calling forbidden planet a B-grade flick. Just happened to watch it on the TCM channel as mentioned in the OP.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was 8 yrs old when I saw it in '56, scared to death. I watched the ID monster through the holes in my baseball cap.
[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/G7fOXHTonJs

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/G7fOXHTonJs [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post