Notify
Tools

The Orville Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Listen closely. Can you hear it?

One reason the Greys don't have ears.

It's an evolutionary thing...

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 13656 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Fish can’t talk either but Finding Nemo is still great. Big Grin Wink

True Smile, but...

I was impressed by the Firefly episode Out of Gas, in which there was a fire aboard and the crew vents the ship to quench it. They switched to a third person view from space and you heard nothing.

IIRC, this was done first in the Battlestar Galactica reboot (the camera angles, the focusing in and out during space scenes, and the silence). Again, IIRC, the same people who did that for BSG worked on Firefly.

It impressed me, too!

Keeping on the thread, I'm surprised (pleasantly so) as The Orville seems to be finding its footing!

Posts: 1130 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn good episode tonight.

They have found their niche.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 13656 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xwesler:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I was impressed by the Firefly episode Out of Gas, in which there was a fire aboard and the crew vents the ship to quench it. They switched to a third person view from space and you heard nothing.

IIRC, this was done first in the Battlestar Galactica reboot (the camera angles, the focusing in and out during space scenes, and the silence). Again, IIRC, the same people who did that for BSG worked on Firefly.

Firefly was on television a couple of years before the reboot of Battlestar Galactica. And before the two of them, 2001: A Space Oddyssey had no sounds in space scenes.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 14811 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Darn good episode tonight.

They have found their niche.

Don't know if they've found their niche quite yet but agree, excellent episode. I do think that had they removed the campiness and switched to star fleet uniforms this would be Just as good as if not better than some Star Trek series

Posts: 3127 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post