SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Exploring Forbidden Planet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exploring Forbidden Planet Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
This is one of my favorite movies.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Mmmmmmmmmm… Anne Francis. "What's a swimsuit?"

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
That was fun. Smile So much to recommend this film, maybe it's most enduring aspect is the notion of monsters from the id.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8329 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Anne said that she was the only female on the set and received a lot of male attention, which she enjoyed too. Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite movie. Watched it so many times as a child because of Robbie the Robot but came to appreciate everything else about the movie as I grew older.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
One of my all time favorites.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I finally saw this when well into my adult years, allowing me to finally understand Anne Francis’ supposedly legendary charms that had always eluded me in her frequent guest starring roles in the 70s and 80s (Honey West? I was maybe 3?).

More importantly, there were many sci-fi and away-team elements on display that became commonplace in later shows such as “Lost in Space,” various incarnations of “Star Trek,” “Doctor Who,” “Battlestar Galactica,” and others. Some of these had been used before, of course, but putting them all together in one movie made it quite memorable.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2103 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I would really really like to see this scene unedited and in its entirety.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/0-TzHVoXC1o

Gonna have to watch this flick tonight.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
I’ve watched FP so many times, I can recite the dialogue by heart. Drives my wife nuts when I recite what the actors are saying before they do.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Anne Francis' "beauty mark" captivated and mystified me as a pre-teen. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night prompted by this thread. Still very enjoyable. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
What a great movie, thanks for the reminder.

Anne Francis. When I was old enough to watch it, I understood why my Dad would smirk at the mention of Anne's name.

Leslie before Naked Gun.
Earl and bourbon.
Robbie.

Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great sound effects for the genre

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post