SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Any "Kevin Can Wait" Fans Here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any "Kevin Can Wait" Fans Here? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
WTH? Eek

They are killing off the wife Donna and replacing her with Leah Remini! Apparently the actress who played the wife was fired after this first season ended for unknown reasons and they are taking the show in a new direction.

Uhh, so basically King Of Queens 2.0?

This is pretty bizarre and I wonder how this show will do going forward.

Kevin Can Wait Is Killing Off Its Female Lead—But Why?

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to be a fan of his until I started hearing about what he's like off-screen. Apparently Kevin James is 180 degrees opposite of Dwayne Johnson.

He also seems to be very difficult to work with on set and if he doesn't like an actor/actress, they're gone. I don't watch anything with him in it anymore.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Huh. Didn't watch it faithfully, but it was kind of funny. Why didn't they just keep shooting "The King of Queens" if those two are just magic together?

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
That would be a mistake.
I liked K of Q but let it die and move on.
The new show is good and his character wife is great in the role.
Leah Remini starts to get on my nerves after a while.
Big Mistake. Frown

Posts: 22900 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I never knew he was a giant douchebag in the real world until I read that here, always thought he was the chubby, goofy "aww shucks" kind of guy he plays on the screen.

IMO, I think this move just killed his show.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
All they need to do now is bring in Jerry Stiller.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Was never a big fan of King. This new show was OK, can't say I'll be too upset when it tanks and goes away

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I also heard about what he's like behind the scenes and kinda ruined him for me. I don't mind him IN an Adam Sandler movie every once n a while but other then that meh I don't care.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
I used to be a fan of his until I started hearing about what he's like off-screen. Apparently Kevin James is 180 degrees opposite of Dwayne Johnson.

He also seems to be very difficult to work with on set and if he doesn't like an actor/actress, they're gone. I don't watch anything with him in it anymore.

His off-stage douchiness that I read about turned me off too.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19657 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Yep.

Unamused to say the least. This blog entry gives a bit more detail.

https://www.tvfanatic.com/2017...season-2-donna-dies/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The guy's a one trick pony but he thinks he's Elvis.

I've got news for this overrated douchebag- people tuned into King of Queens to look at Leah Remini. If it weren't for her, you'd be forgotten now, superstar. It's the truth. You wouldn't have gotten those shit movies you've made or anything if it hadn't been for that series, and the reason that series thrived wasn't because of you.

And now here she comes to save your limp ass once again.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin James went to the same college I graduated from, State University of New York (SUNY) Cortland. I graduated in 1975, he went many years later and (I think) dropped out.

Our alumni newsletter has mentioned him a few times.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post