SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    NCIS on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCIS on Netflix Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
I am watching my absolute all-time favorite episode.
S2:E7 "Call of Silence"

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I definitely agree that this is one of the finest episodes that was made. Durning's character's believability comes from the fact that he was thrice wounded, awarded both the Bronze Star and Silver Star.

He was in the assault waves on Omaha Beach on D-Day, and survived hand-to-hand bayonet combat during the German Ardennes offensive which haunted him.

He saw and lived the horrors of combat, and was able to bring that experience into the role that only those who have been there can.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought the series, one season at a time, as the price dropped. Wink

I think we got the first two seasons together, and the first episode I watched was "Call of Silence."

"Iwo Jima no. Guadalcanal!"

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post