SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Thin Man is on AMC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Thin Man is on AMC Login/Join 
posted
For some reason I’ve never seen any of the Thin Man movies. This movie is pretty snappy, dialogue is great.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love The Thin Man series. I have the DVD box set with all of them. The first one is my favorite. The second one is pretty good, too, but the ones after, not as much. Still entertaining, though.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
It’s a “Thin Man” marathon until 0600 hours on New Years Day morning.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
We recorded them starting with the third one last night. WIll finish watching them today.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
For some reason I’ve never seen any of the Thin Man movies. This movie is pretty snappy, dialogue is great.
i watch them for Myrna.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whats that man doing in my drawers?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?"

"Oh, that's alright. We're married."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love The Thin Man movies. Have seen most of them several times.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got them all on DVD. Great movies. Fabulous chemistry between William Powell and Myrna Loy. A young Jimmy Steward is in the Thin Man.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Recorded them all a few years ago on New Years eve. Robert Osborne did the intro to each movie with tidbits. Still watch them all the time.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post