SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Infinity War thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Infinity War thread Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I haven't seen an Infinity War thread so I decided to start one.

I'm going to see it on Saturday with a couple of families. I'm pumped up to see it! I spent the last three months getting my 7 year-old caught up from Iron Man through Black Panther.

Reviews look great so far.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah yea, get the party started Tony!

Posts: 105 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
My intent was to take my kids out of school tomorrow to see it but they have tests. Might have to wait until Monday as we have travel for both basketball and soccer this weekend.

Can’t wait. Worried about who dies. If they are out there I will likely absolutely read spoilers.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Although its probably a stretch, I'm wondering if Dr Strange will fix Mjölnir for Thor since the remains are in Norway. Thor is just not the same without is hammer. If not in this movie, they should do it some time in a future episode.

I'm guessing Bucky will have a vibranium arm.

Of the six Infinity Stones, I only know of five that have popped up in the series.

-Yellow: Vision's forehead
-Green: Dr Strange's pendant
-Blue: The Tessaract which Loki got in Ragnarok
-Purple: With the Nova Corps on Xandar
-Red: Given to Tannalier Tevan by the Azgardians when the Tessaract was brought to Azgard. Although his house was destroyed in GOTG, they never said what became of it after that.
-Orange???

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We watched it last night. It was a really good movie and Brolin did a great job as Thanos.

The last 5 minutes were an absolute gut punch though.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Posts: 309 | Location: Clackamas, OR | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Thor is just not the same without is hammer.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
-Red: Given to Tannalier Tevan by the Azgardians when the Tessaract was brought to Azgard. Although his house was destroyed in GOTG, they never said what became of it after that.

The Caretaker, played by Benicio Del Toro, has it on Knowhere.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:

The Caretaker, played by Benicio Del Toro, has it on Knowhere.

That’s the same guy I’m taking about. “The Collector“

Tony.

posted Hide Post
Watched it tonight and thought it was great and can honestly say I was not expecting the way things went down. The size and scale of this movie is just nuts and to me they did a great job not overloading the screen although at some points there wasn't a choice as there was just so much going on.

Going in I was a little curious how it would blend with adding GotG and Thor after Ragnarok to all of the characters without their respective directors as to me James Gunn and Taika Waititi really set their own tone/feel but I think they did a great job.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Great movie. Wait until after the credits for an Easter Egg scene.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night. The others are right. The scale of this film is unlike anything done before, in the MCU, and possibly elsewhere.
Thanos was a great character, the baddie Marvel has been missing.
And there are several faces in this movie we've not seen in a while.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Waiting for my son to finish standardized testing then we’ll go watch it. I almost preordered tickets for eleven since testing is from 8-10 but he should be done soon and we can catch the first show at 9:20. I’ve learned my kids are like me at tests involving math. Four hour test = 20 mins. Roll Eyes

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was some conspiracy theory that the soul stone was in the eternal flame, but no idea.

Posts: 105 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:

Of the six Infinity Stones, I only know of five that have popped up in the series.

-Yellow: Vision's forehead
-Green: Dr Strange's pendant
-Blue: The Tessaract which Loki got in Ragnarok
-Purple: With the Nova Corps on Xandar
-Orange???

It is my son's theory that the Orange infinity stone which is called the Soul Stone lies within or on Heimdall. This is what gives him the ability to connect and see souls across the universe.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Damn, just damn. I figured it would go down something like this but damn. Not ready to wait a year.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was awesome

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
This is a first. I’m going with the fam to see it a second time today. We have a local drive-in theater that’s playing Infinity War and Black Panther. I’m trying hard not to spoil it for my girls.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post