SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "In The Shadow of the Moon" Netflix Original movie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"In The Shadow of the Moon" Netflix Original movie Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
Pure political, propaganda crap.

It looked appealing from the description and trailer, but in the end it turned out to be an antifa wet dream that justifies their violence against those who believe in the founding principles of this country.

I should've followed my instincts after the few seconds of the movie. I just immediately had a feeling about what was eventually coming, and my instincts proved right.

About 30 minutes in, my wife said she was bored with the movie and thought it sucked and went to bed. I should've taken her cue. But at that point the sci-fi angle was still appealing so I stuck with it. Piece of shit leftist movie. Seriously pissed me off that it strung me along to that anti-American, woke crap towards the end. I'm disappointed in Dexter for being a part of it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Totally agree. Me and the wife watched it last night. All the way through the end. I got the impression at first it was going to be a sci fy, alien invasion type, but turned out to be a liberal's dream flick. Truly a piece of shit. One of the few times Mrs Cliff said,"WTF was that?" Pass on it, I implore you.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Well boys, thanks for the heads up. I was going to give this one a whirl, but now I think I'll find something else.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yup, I'll be passing on this one. Thanks.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I was going to watch tonight. Removing from the list now.

I’ll toss this into the same pile - don’t watch Another Life.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another thanks!
It WAS on my "things to watch" list until now.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I agree but the anti message came a bit late in the movie and it merely just caused me to roll my eyes.
Other than that it was just OK, nothing special.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I did stick it out to the end, but yeah, not very good with a lot of undertones. Also, time travel gives me tired head.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I basically ignored the undertones and half enjoyed the movie. I didn't think it was that bad. Not great. Not awful.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post