SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Magnum P.I. REBOOT *airs tonight 9-24-18*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magnum P.I. REBOOT *airs tonight 9-24-18* Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
Well, as Hollywood is stuck in it's perpetual go-to loop, I suppose this news shouldn't come as a surprise.

So will he be driving a Prius or a Volt?

http://variety.com/2018/tv/new...ernandez-1202705365/

Magnum PI’ Reboot Pilot at CBS Casts Jay Hernandez in Lead Role

The “Magnum P.I.” reboot pilot has cast Jay Hernandez as the titular private eye, Variety has learned.

Hernandez will play Thomas Magnum, a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator. Tom Selleck, who currently stars in the CBS drama “Blue Bloods,” played the role in the original series.

Hernandez’s recent film roles include the DC Entertainment film “Suicide Squad” and appearances in both entries in the “Bad Moms” comedy franchise. He has also appeared in films like “Friday Night Lights,” “Hostel,” and in the Netflix fantasy-action film “Bright.” On the television side, he has recently appeared in “Scandal,” “Nashville,” and “The Expanse.”

He is repped by ICM Partners, Alchemy Entertainment and Fuller Law.

Peter Lenkov, the writer and producer behind current CBS reboots of “Hawaii Five-O” and “MacGyver,” will serve as the writer and executive producer on the new version of “Magnum P.I.,” which had previously gotten a pilot production commitment at the network. Eric Guggenheim, an executive producer and writer on Lenkov’s “Hawaii Five-O,” will also write and executive produce. John Davis and John Fox of Davis Entertainment will also executive produce along with Danielle Woodrow. Justin Lin will direct the pilot and executive produce. CBS Television Studios will co-produce with Universal Television.

This is one of several such projects ordered to pilot at CBS. CBS has also ordered a pilot for a reboot of the female-led cop drama “Cagney and Lacey,” as well as an adaptation of “LA Confidential” and a revival of “Murphy Brown.”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I' trying to decide whether to call it Magnum P.C. or Magnum P.U.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I' trying to decide whether to call it Magnum P.C. or Magnum P.U.

MX Magnum.

Or Magnum MX

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't even watch a commercial for this show. Some things are sacred. Magnum PI starring Tom Sellack is one of them.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even the dolts in Hollywood can't come up with a new show and have to make p.c. remakes. I don't care what background,nationality,etc.,the actors are but at least try and make something original.
I bet they won't be saying "Higgy baby" anytime soon.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Cagney and Lacey? Murphy Brown??? Oh God no, Murphy Brown was an insufferable lib fest shit show the first time around. Convinced of its own intelligence and elitist "I am more evolved than you" attitude.

Make it stop!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Quit screwing with my childhood shows. I was too young to understand the show but the cars and helicopter and such were cool. I’ve been watching the show on Netflix and while cheesy sometimes, not a bad show, better than much these days.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Nooooooooo! Frown

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
no other cast announced,

wondering what other changes will be made?

Robin Masters
Higgins
TC
Rick,
etc etc

probably won't have hounds on the estate either,,, likely cats,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Mexican Magnum? Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised in today's PC, include everybody universe.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Magnum P.U.

Already taken by Mad Magazine back in the eighties. Although I think theirs was titled 'Magnumb P.U.'

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Well you didn't think they'd remake Blazing Saddles, did you?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
There will only ever be one, Thomas Sullivan Magnum, and it’s Tom Selleck...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
no other cast announced,

Robin Masters
Higgins
TC
Rick,
etc etc

...sigh...

Early reports say that the show will feature a "disavowed former MI6 agent named Juliet Higgins"

I'n not kidding.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
There isn't an original thought left in Hollyweird.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
no other cast announced,

Robin Masters
Higgins
TC
Rick,
etc etc

...sigh...

Early reports say that the show will feature a "disavowed former MI6 agent named Juliet Higgins"

I'n not kidding.

kinda figured that,

maybe Jenny Agutter, she played a MI^ agent in MI 5 ,(and did a good job in the role,

meanwhile, wonder if TC and Rick will be a gay couple?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
There isn't an original thought left in Hollyweird.

True! There are only three movies from the eighties that haven't been remade (yet) again. Ghostbusters worked out spectacularly didn't it???

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
kinda figured that,

maybe Jenny Agutter, she played a MI^ agent in MI 5 ,(and did a good job in the role,

Good choice! Plus she guest-starred in an episode of MPI already.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
First a midget plays Jack Reacher, now a midget plays Magnum. Isn't anybody over 6 feet in hollywierd?

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
no other cast announced,

Robin Masters
Higgins
TC
Rick,
etc etc

...sigh...

I'n not kidding.

kinda figured that,

meanwhile, wonder if TC and Rick will be a gay couple?

And a bi-racial one at that! LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post