SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Has there been a Red Dead Redemption 2 thread? It is a masterpiece.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has there been a Red Dead Redemption 2 thread? It is a masterpiece. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not enjoy the game. Way too slow for my taste. I bought it based off reviews and regret the purchase, especially since i went the digital route and now cant trade It. I respect that its a well built game, just not my speed.

I can totally see how somebody would not enjoy this game. Sucks you did digital and cannot return.

Myself, however, I just finished Chapter 6 and I think the game is easily game of the year if not game of the decade. I honestly got a little choked up at points and actually give a damn about characters.

The music is pitch perfect in the game as well.

Like I said I can totally understand somebody not enjoying this game for many reasons but the sheer quality of the game in every regard (whether enjoyable to an individual or not) is undeniable.

I think I'm gonna watch the Wild Bunch tonight. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I think its great to see that an epic single player experience can still be t his good and make a shit ton of money... Show the industry that not everything needs to be multiplayer loot crate BS,a story driven game can still be profitable.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The gamblers challenge 8 is awful.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've read mention of the "slow pace" several times, here and elsewhere.

For those who have played Witcher 3, is it similar, or noticeably slower?

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I didn't get super far in Witcher, but I found more stuff to do in Red Dead and didn't ever get bored or frustrated in RDR like I did consistently in Witcher 3.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Myself, however, I just finished Chapter 6 and I think the game is easily game of the year if not game of the decade. I honestly got a little choked up at points and actually give a damn about characters.

Spoilers, but I really liked this video - it fit with the mood and emotion of the game.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Definitely looking forward to the PC version. Rockstar is doing the last of their updates to GTA V this year, and will be dropping support of it. They have not confirmed a PC port yet, but I fully expect it at some point in the next year since GTA:O was such a ridiculously massive cash cow for them. I have a lot of fun just driving and wondering around GTA online with Safekeeper on (makes it solo online, so I can drive my modded cars around without getting strafed by some clown in a Harrier). I look forward to doing the same in RDRD2. Too bad you console guys don’t have the tools to work around griefers the way PC players can, I know all too well how they love to ruin everyone’s good time.

Honestly, the game seems like a neat mix of Assassin’s Creed 3, GTA V, and the Call of Juarez games, and I enjoyed all of those.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Rockstar is fixing the economy in the online version. This was by far the largest complaint out there. They are lowering the prices of the guns and increasing rewards and other sources of money. It is nice to see a company react so quickly to feedback. Other companies either move very slowly or flat out ignore it. This was addressed in just over a week of the release. They are also giving $250 and 15 gold bars to anyone who has played so far through midnight tonight. So if you have not tried the online portion you should at least log on today and grab the money.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
What might have happened is they got too greedy too fast. Prices for stuff in GTA:O went from expensive to "we're pretty sure everyone in this game who's buying stuff has gotten zillions of dollars in modded money anyway, and the rest get to buy shark cards to make up for that."

I am waiting on the sidelines, cautiously optimistic. But Rockstar is an even bigger offender than EA at this point as far as "pay to win" shit in the MP modes go. If they're willing to yield to "Hey, don't fuck us so hard, so fast without lube!" feedback, that's a good thing, but it's early. There will be more guns and horses and whatever else there is to conceivably sell online in the marketplace over the coming years. They got five years plus out of GTA:O. We're just getting started with this one.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The only reason I give Rockstar a pass on it more than anyone else is because every update is free and there are a lot of updates. I can’t even begin to count how many new vehicles, weapons, clothes and game modes GTA5 added. And that’s in addition to the half dozen or so major updates to the online world. Also pretty much every week there is some event and new races or whatever. Rockstar keeps that game fresh and for me it’s all totally free. Unlike every other company who charges for every DLC and still has micro transactions.

Also it’s possible to get everything by playing the game and it’s really not that much of a grind. I could easily make a couple million in a night and that’s without taking advantage of any glitches. I never once felt like I was getting beat by someone because they had something out of my reach by just playing a few nights and buying it myself.

If someone wants to give rockstar 20 bucks to get a plane two days early then I say let them. They are buying the DLCs for me.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Wonder if Red Box it. I always buy digital. Can't stand discs.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Finished it today (the primary story missions, there is a ton of other stuff).

The Epilogue adds SO MUCH to the first game’s story. Not in needed background but in heart/feeling. All the little menial things you do added to the story greatly IMO.

The final story mission was a little bit of a let down. Not bad just formulaic.

The music was great.

I am not an online player so I cannot speak to that but the single player game is a solid 9/10.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Slower than Witcher. But I don't view that as a negative.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I’m the type that can’t play two games at once, so I’m working my way through fallout 76....the benefit will be I might get red dead for a reduced price when I’m done with 76...

I loved the original. Can’t wait to play this...hearing these reviews has me even more excited

Ditto, I’m finishing up Spider-Man and can’t wait. I loved the first one also.

Are they going to do an undead DLC like the original? I loved catching the four horses of the Apocalypse.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally got mine up and running.
I had trouble logging into my account to load up the game and to get updated and to add the extras for the upgraded version.

I may need a new tv. I have a 60" tv, but it has dark spots in the screen in places and it is very hard to tell what is going on in the game at times when it is dark or hazy or raining.
The controls are different that RDR 1 and seem to be slower and more clumsy...maybe me?

It is harder to understand what to do as well.
The on tv writing is so small at times I cannot read it.
I guess there is a way to change the control for like picking items up but not sure how to do that. In the old game you just tapped a button, in this one you have to hold down for a short time.

I crossed the river to meet someone and was attacked by a posse so fast, I did not have time to turn my horse around to run.
No time to defend myself at times.
I guess If I play enough I may like it as well as RDR 1.?
The only thing I did not have mastered in RDR 1 is the horse shoe game and the 5 finger game.
I only have played for like 4 hours maybe. Heck it took 2 hours to download everything and get it to work.
GSlinger, I may be back to ask some questions.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post