SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Help Me Choose My Next (WWII History) Book
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Me Choose My Next (WWII History) Book Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I ended going with my original choice, "Neptune's Inferno".

I've read some of your suggestions (notably "Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors", "Rising Sun", and "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich"). 220-9er, thanks for mentioning "With the Old Breed". I consider that not just a good history book, but one of the most powerful books I've ever read.

But some of these suggestions are unfamiliar and I am will to look into them; thank you for these recommendations!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6394 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you're done here a few more.

Instruments of Darkness - The History of Electronic Warfare 1939-1945 Dr. Alfred Price

The Blitzkrieg Legend - The 1940 Campaign in the West Karl-Heinz Frieser

Jump in to Hell - German Paratroopers in WWII Frank Kurowski (Mainly the Crete Campaign)

FRD Goes to War Burton W. Folsom and Anita Folsom

The Interrogator Raymond F. Tolliver

Sixty Days that shook the west - Fall of France 1940 Jaques Benoist-Mechin (English translation) This book cover the Political Events of the time.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
We Die Alone

Amazon Link

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post