SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    SW Battlefront 2 for Xbox One
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SW Battlefront 2 for Xbox One Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I was hoping they would fix the load times, NOPE. Still suck ass, even when playing a local split screen map.

They added a one player campaign, but the local co-op split screen options are still lacking, there is no space battle option, which my son loves, so he was out instantly on playing this game. You can only play one scenario at a time until you unlock more, which sucks for an offline local play session. You should be able to play whatever you want. You can make some custom team deathmatch scenarios, but still are limited in equipment, etc. Even in the last Battlefront, you had access to all of the weapons in offline split screen mode.

Its still not as good as the original version way back on original Xbox, it had a cool multiplayer galactic takeover campaign that they never brought back.

The multiplayer is fun, its Star Wars Call of Duty which is awesome, but its still lacking to me. Still needs more options in local mode. The real fun would have been the option in a custom match to have different time lines fight, First Order vs. Clones, etc.

and buying loot crates... fuck you EA

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Reddit, et al, is all aflutter with twisted underwear over the microtransactions and loot boxes model, and EA effectively fostering a Pay To Win model where skill alone isn't enough, and the grind to u lock things is long and expensive.

Someone figured out it would take 4528 hours and $2100 dollars to unlock everything.

EA had a Reddit AMA, and it didn't help. I haven't played the game, but saw some of the news.

The SW / Battlefront community, such as it is, is very unhappy, apparently.

There's never been a video game yet that's worth any more than the original price and maybe another $50 or so in DLC.

Apparently there are legitimate gripes that it's essentially gambling (of a slot machine variety, rigged for the house/game, meant to lead you on and encourage more in-game purchases via the illusion of always being rewarded for your purchases) and as such - actually illegal in some places and rather bad for kids.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
And a warning to anyone with kids with an Xbox account under 13 years old!!!

If your kid is under 13, EA will not allow them to play online. This royally pisses me off. Its up to me to decide if my son is old enough to play it, not EA. I set up his account as a child account, and I don't let him play a lot of games but this is Star Wars for shits sake.

So if wants to play online he has to use my account. This is BULLSHIT. Keep this in mind before you buy this for your kids

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
there is no space battle option, which my son loves, so he was out instantly on playing this game.

Perhaps this would interest him.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
there is no space battle option, which my son loves, so he was out instantly on playing this game.

Perhaps this would interest him.

Thanks it would, but no PC games. If it was available for console I would snap it up in a second.

posted Hide Post
Single player campaign looks incredible on Xbox One X!!!!!!!!!!!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Reddit, et al, is all aflutter with twisted underwear over the microtransactions and loot boxes model, and EA effectively fostering a Pay To Win model where skill alone isn't enough, and the grind to u lock things is long and expensive.

Someone figured out it would take 4528 hours and $2100 dollars to unlock everything.

EA had a Reddit AMA, and it didn't help. I haven't played the game, but saw some of the news.

The SW / Battlefront community, such as it is, is very unhappy, apparently.

There's never been a video game yet that's worth any more than the original price and maybe another $50 or so in DLC.

Apparently there are legitimate gripes that it's essentially gambling (of a slot machine variety, rigged for the house/game, meant to lead you on and encourage more in-game purchases via the illusion of always being rewarded for your purchases) and as such - actually illegal in some places and rather bad for kids.

I was really looking forward to playing this during the break between semesters but this is a rather big turn off.

I'm getting rather tired of all the $60 for the game then all kinds of in-game purchases required. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's an $80 game, and EA's primary goal to is encourage you to spend even more, more so, it seems, than any game before it, and in a more slot-machine-like/insidious way.

Again, I don't mind spending a few bucks for some new maps later or other standard DLC, but unless the games get orders of magnitude more interesting (which doesn't even exist yet), I'm just skipping any game from any company with a similar model.

If I wanted to play slots I'd play real slots that pay real money. If I wanted to Pay to Win I'd be a Yankees or Cowboys fan or I'd get into offshore boat racing in real life. None of that is remotely what video games have ever been about for me.

The companies like EA are doing their level best to make it Vegas for kids and gamers and to literally milk us for $$$ a few cents and dollars at a time. I'll give them up before dealing with that nonsense. Money, it isn't and shouldn't be everything. Cocksuckers...

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

I've read that some countries are considering banning or restricting the game, as that feature is essentially gambling.

For example: https://www.engadget.com/2017/...bling-investigation/

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I saw that. ^

The funniest quote I've seen so far:

EA, turning Players into Payers.

Smile

posted Hide Post
Huh? I read that they were shit canning the pay to win thing.. that’s disappointing

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Any chance you can post a 4K screenshot?

I bought a 4K tv and the Project Scorpio Xbox. I have not gotten around to setting either up.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Huh? I read that they were shit canning the pay to win thing.. that’s disappointing

What I read was they removed it temporarily, only to appear appease the masses and increase sales, but fully intend to bring them back more or less unabated, per the AMA.

posted Hide Post
I read an article that said that the Red Dead Redemption sequel will have in game purchases. This crap needs to stop. My son really wanted Battlefront but I’m not buying unless they take the pay to play out.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3527 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
In-game purchases for non-essential visuals (character skins, celebratory moves, and the like) are one thing, and fine.

Tying it to Game Progression and Winning, or even unlocking certain Modes or Characters, is another thing entirely, and decidedly not OK in my opinion, and that's what EA did here.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I read an article that said that the Red Dead Redemption sequel will have in game purchases.

God I hope not. I have been waiting for that sequel for several years now. Red Dead was the best video game I have ever played.

As for Battlefront, I bought the last one that came out and got pretty bored with it in a day or so. They won't get me again.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post