SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Brawl in Cell Block 99
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brawl in Cell Block 99 Login/Join 
posted
Anyone see this yet? The first half of the movie was a little slow but after that, it was a foot stomping good time. I thought Vaughn did pretty good in this role. A lot different than his comedy roles.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Just watched it free on Amazon Prime. God-damn wasn’t that a fun little grind house style think piece Big Grin

Old Vince has redeemed himself for True Detective with this one. No wonder it has 92% of RT.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
That movie ended up being a lot better than I initially thought it was going to be. It was definitely interesting to see Vince in a role like this, and I agree that he did a pretty good job. A couple of those scenes in the last half were pretty gruesome, yet I couldn't turn away. This movie seems to be flying under the radar and I can see it becoming a bit of a cult classic.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Definitely a slow start, I was just about to call it quits when it started to pick up.

Glad I stuck with it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
wasn’t that a fun little grind house style think piece Big Grin

Totally agree.

Cheesy but entertaining.

Has a retro 80s feel to it.

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched this last night and was thoroughly amused!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah I saw it and liked it too.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Just finished it. holy shit, pretty brutal lol Eek

I enjoy his typical acting with the fast talking comedy roles and this was soooo different but he pulled it off. Don't know that he said more than 3 sentences the whole movie and barely ever cracked a smile.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Just finished it. holy shit, pretty brutal lol Eek

I enjoy his typical acting with the fast talking comedy roles and this was soooo different but he pulled it off. Don't know that he said more than 3 sentences the whole movie and barely ever cracked a smile.

Why crack a smile when you can crack a skull. Ps did anyone else find the old lawyer badg guy’s creepy long press on fingernails really off putting.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
2:12 of my life I'll never get back

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brutal, but I liked it. Nicely done.

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I wanna say thanks.

This movie is a hell of a lot better then what I thought it would be. Worth the watch.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked Bone Tomahawk way better but it was a solid flick. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I saw it but I'm not sure I'd watch it again just repeat value wise. It was cool to see a different Vince Vaughn.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post