SIGforum
Brawl in Cell Block 99

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/8640018234

November 06, 2017, 08:36 PM
patw
Brawl in Cell Block 99
Anyone see this yet? The first half of the movie was a little slow but after that, it was a foot stomping good time. I thought Vaughn did pretty good in this role. A lot different than his comedy roles.
February 07, 2018, 10:34 PM
Dusty78
Just watched it free on Amazon Prime. God-damn wasn’t that a fun little grind house style think piece Big Grin

Old Vince has redeemed himself for True Detective with this one. No wonder it has 92% of RT.

February 08, 2018, 05:46 AM
Browndrake
That movie ended up being a lot better than I initially thought it was going to be. It was definitely interesting to see Vince in a role like this, and I agree that he did a pretty good job. A couple of those scenes in the last half were pretty gruesome, yet I couldn't turn away. This movie seems to be flying under the radar and I can see it becoming a bit of a cult classic.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

February 08, 2018, 08:32 AM
911Boss
Definitely a slow start, I was just about to call it quits when it started to pick up.

Glad I stuck with it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

February 08, 2018, 09:13 AM
Sig209
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
wasn’t that a fun little grind house style think piece Big Grin

Totally agree.

Cheesy but entertaining.

Has a retro 80s feel to it.

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
February 08, 2018, 03:57 PM
Kevmo
I just watched this last night and was thoroughly amused!
February 08, 2018, 05:48 PM
smschulz
Yeah I saw it and liked it too.
February 11, 2018, 09:29 PM
Jus228
Just finished it. holy shit, pretty brutal lol Eek

I enjoy his typical acting with the fast talking comedy roles and this was soooo different but he pulled it off. Don't know that he said more than 3 sentences the whole movie and barely ever cracked a smile.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
February 12, 2018, 10:25 AM
Dusty78
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Just finished it. holy shit, pretty brutal lol Eek

I enjoy his typical acting with the fast talking comedy roles and this was soooo different but he pulled it off. Don't know that he said more than 3 sentences the whole movie and barely ever cracked a smile.

Why crack a smile when you can crack a skull. Ps did anyone else find the old lawyer badg guy’s creepy long press on fingernails really off putting.

February 12, 2018, 03:02 PM
SIG228
2:12 of my life I'll never get back
February 12, 2018, 08:25 PM
bryan11
Brutal, but I liked it. Nicely done.
February 12, 2018, 11:57 PM
Nickelsig229
I wanna say thanks.

This movie is a hell of a lot better then what I thought it would be. Worth the watch.

First In Last Out
February 15, 2018, 12:25 AM
Anubismp
I liked Bone Tomahawk way better but it was a solid flick. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I saw it but I'm not sure I'd watch it again just repeat value wise. It was cool to see a different Vince Vaughn.