New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom Jones Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
When I was a kid my family used to go to a local pizza joint every friday...it was an hour wait for a table, and it was packed every Friday night. We sat down and ordered the delicious local pizza, but there is one thing I always remember. Tom Jones. There were two different halves to the resturant, the bar side and the sitting side. We always ate at the sitting side but I always got sent to the bar side to buy cigarettes from the machine (remember those lol). And behind the bar there was an autographed picture of Tom Jones, whom I thought was an absolute star (I mean he had an autographed picture, behind the bar...how can you not be a rock star?)

So here it is ladies and gentlemen, a little Tom Jones.

And my personal favorite...

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up with rock and roll, literally, since I was born in 1953. That means I was in double digits and aware when Tom Jones had most of his hits in the mid-late sixties. That was, of course, also the time of all the great sixties singers, musicians, and bands, and there was a great variety of music from Top 40 pop through Motown and soul to acid rock and everything in between. My own taste tended to be more Motown and soul, and the rest of the in-between, all the way to acid rock; I'd certainly listen to Jefferson Airplane before I'd listen to the Archies.

But Tom Jones, even though he was a pop artist, and pretty cornball in some of his costumes and stage antics, was undeniably a huge talent. I always liked his songs because he was so damn good at what he did. And the older I've gotten, the more I appreciate his music and musicianship. I think he was one of the very best singers of his generation. That man had pipes.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Tom Jones wa the kind of singer menopausal women threw their panties at. He had the loosest, ball bearing mounted pelvis in the entertainment business. I bet the average age of his groupies was in the forties.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw him in Vegas at MGM a few years back. Incredible voice and incredible career. Wrote an interesting autobiography as well.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My ex mother in law used to say that he could park his shoes under her bed any time he wanted. She said if she went to one of his concerts, she would throw her panties on to the stage.

She would say that right in front of her husband and 5 kids.

After getting to know her, I believe any man could park his shoes under her bed.

I like some of his songs. Saw him on later with Jules Holland and he still can sing.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Check-out this classic duet between Tom Jones and Fran Jeffries. A lot of talented chemistry there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQuuUTyHa40

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom Jones I'd love to be for a few years in his prime. That guy was hot. Could draw women like few others. Dance and sing ... he was good.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
Check-out this classic duet between Tom Jones and Fran Jeffries. A lot of talented chemistry there!

Fran Jefferies was one sexy bombshell in her day.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
It's not unusual Smile to for people to use the phrase "it's not unusual" in a conversation. To this day when either me or my buddy hear the phrase we repeat it back in the style of Tom Jones.

And now that you've read this, try getting "it's not unusual" out of your head today. Wink

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:
It's not unusual Smile to for people to use the phrase "it's not unusual" in a conversation. To this day when either me or my buddy hear the phrase we repeat it back in the style of Tom Jones.

And now that you've read this, try getting "it's not unusual" out of your head today. Wink

When I set up my new Atmos and Auro 3D gear, I tested the audio with three songs.

Shinedown- Simple Man
Theory of a Deadman- Rx
Tom Jones- It's not unusual

I knew by then, that all was good in calibration.
LOL

It's not unusual to be loved by anyone.....

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
He's still rocking out some newer mixes, Burning down the House with the Cardigans.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYuldgIOelY

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Tom Jones & Mousse T - Sexbomb

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ32gSLNHfA

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Yep, ol' boy can still bring it.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That one with The Cardigans is fuggin' awesome. It's going on my Drunken Backgammon mix!

Posts: 781 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:

Dam that showed his pipes! Completely natural. His voice is awesome.

I even liked his take on 'Burning Down The House'.

Long Live Tom Jones!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And he has still got it!

I would rather regret the things that I have done than regret the things I have not done.

Posts: 503 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post