Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roy Buchanan Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted

This great Telecaster guitarist left us too early. Here he bends a few strings in When A Guitar Plays the Blues.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwAFPdSKAHM

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got his "Best Of" CD from Alligator Records, I believe. I really liked his ferocity when playing "Peter Gunn"...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DenxTCftFg

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. I was a fan.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the great ones. Master of the note swell (using pinky finger to manipulate volume knob). Turned down joining The Rolling Stones when they asked.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Great, great, guitar player.

Buchanan was the first one approached for replacing Brian Jones in The Rolling Stones; reportedly he turned it down because he didn't want to be sucked into the vortex of the Stones and end up like Jones.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post